Corsair Community

Just installed AX1200 no psu fan connector?

pslind

Hello,

I just finished installing the AX1200 in my 700D case. And when double checking everything I noticed that there is not connector from the PSU to the PWR fan header on the motherboard. Is this normal? I have yet to power on the system lol!

Peter

PWR fan header is for plugging in a fan , not the power supply. All you should have to plug into the MB from the power supply is the 24 pin cable and a 4 pin 12v ATX power at the top of the board. Everything else is for plugging fans in

I never mentioned plugging in the power supply.

PWR fan header is for monitoring the PSU fan RPM. It has been on other PSU's I've had. Whether it is normal that there isn't such a wire on the AX1200 was my question.

@pslind not sure what psu's you've been using. It is normal for a psu to NOT have a fan connector for the MB. PSU fan RPM is monitored internally in the PSU based upon the specific PSU temperatures.

My understanding is that eventually, even the psu's from Corsair will be a part of the new Corsair Link system that will monitor the psu temp and fans. I haven't seen an actual press release to this, but have seen it posted in a few other forums by Corsair reps.

My understanding is that eventually, even the psu's from Corsair will be a part of the new Corsair Link system that will monitor the psu temp and fans. I haven't seen an actual press release to this, but have seen it posted in a few other forums by Corsair reps.

http://www.corsair.com/pressrelease/corsair-announces-first-corsair-link-kits

Each node is finished in plastic housing and includes cables for connecting to the power supply and the Corsair Link Commander.

Archived