Corsair Community

800D defects and warranty: Fifth try!

Vivace

What a chaos!

Hello,

my Obsidian 800D was delivered at on Mai 12, 2011.

On June 09, 2011 I showed (the reanimated) Bluebeard pictures of an incorrect front panel in a support-forum.

On June 10, 2011 I received a response. He asked me to send him an email.

On June 14, 2011 I sent Bluebeard an email with a first specification of damaged parts and pictures of it.

On June 24, 2011 a replacement front panel was delivered.

On June 28, 2011 Bluebeard wrote that I should make a separate request for damages at CSGEurope@Corsair.com.

On June 29, 2011 I sent Bluebeard an supplementary email with detailed specifications and a few questions. No response since then...

On June 29, 2011 I wrote an email with a specification of damaged parts at CSGEurope@Corsair.com.

On July 01, 2011 Kelvin D. asked me to clarify my latest request.

On July 04, 2011 I sent him a detailed statement. Including chronology, email-correspondence, specifications and pictures.

I never had any thought I would find any damages at my new 800D! In addition the defects are not obvious to see.

This is the current basis of my latest request:

- The front bezel had a significant color difference of purple and red. - The new replacement panel has unfortunatly (!) a scratch too (horizontal by vertical patterning).

- The HDD drive dock shroud has a few scratches.

- The HDD SATA backplane shield has scratches.

- The Window is damaged with fine rifts in the area of a screw.

- The side panel has a dent.

- The dent was retouched with a black marker and the outside has a mark of a black marker too.

- On the back of the mainboard-panel is another manual correction in the area of a screw.

- The Front I/O port cover is only to open (push) with strenght. - Sorry, but it's only a matter of time until it breaks.

If there are only one or two defects I could ignore them... but not this sum.

On July 08, 2011 arrived Kelvin D's response.

"We will send you the replacement Front panel Bezel and the Side windowed panel...". Sorry, is this some sort of hidden-camera-tv-show? I purchased a brand-new high-end product from Corsair for 280 Euro inclusive scratches, rifts, black markings and a dent! I wrote two associates of Corsair, four times (!) that the front bezel, the HDD drive dock shroud, the window, the side panel, the mainboard-panel and the Front I/O port cover are damaged and now after several weeks of email-traffic I get two exchange parts? Have I missed something, since when does new products look like used products? I bought several power supply units, memorys and the most expensive case from Corsair (even more...) and this is the result I get back for my faith in the company and the material.

Is this acceptable?

The 800D has a great many awards for its high quality. For example, Corsair has these reviews on their website:

- Overclockers, Dezember, 2010: ...quality construction materials, ...

- Think Computers, August, 2010: This really shows that Corsair takes pride in their products.

- TechReaction, February, 2010: If you’re interested in a top quality chassis...

- Pure Overclock, January, 2010: Outstanding quality, ...

- Hardware Heaven, Oktober, 2009: ...exceptional build quality...

- Tech Power Up, June, 2009: ...the Obsidian 800D is a worthy player in the high-end, full tower segment...

I think I can expect this quality.

Also the 800D features include, I quote: "Two year warranty with Corsair's world-class customer service and technical support."... This are big words! I would highly appreciate that Corsair will meet his own standard - after all of that - the whole situation is very unsatisfying.

Kind regards,

Vivace

Edit:...

Their customer support is brilliant, it just takes a while, and it seems like there is no real queue for case#. seems like they take them in a random order. They actually replaced my case:) Support is good, but slow.

• Corsair Employees

Please see this post

If you have a missing or damaged part for one of our products or are missing a cable for your PSU, lost the Cap for your Flash Voyager drive, or have a damaged or failing fan on one of our H series coolers for example: Please go to Submit a RMA request and fill out the on line form.

Hello Ram Guy,

if you were not new in this (worst-case) scenario, I would think this would be the next joke!

Thank you for your suggestions - honestly it's enough that one associate refers me to another -, but I will give it a try. Would you please tell me which department jackflash leads?

Kind regards,

Vivace

• Corsair Employees

I have sent him a message and asked him to look for your mail, you did provide all of your contact information correct? He would be able to do anything with that.

EDIT:

Kelvin just emailed you and he has replied to you every time you sent him a message so please check your spam folder. He told me he is not getting the conformation that you are getting his emails.

Thank you Ram Guy.

Kelvin has my my shipping details.

Edit: No email of Corsair was blocked by my spam-filter and there was no "digital question" of confirmation. This was his last email:

----- Original Message -----

To: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:27 PM

Subject: RE: Attention To Kelvin

Hello XXXXXXXXXXXX,

The front bezel already shipped out under UPS tracking no. XXX-XXX-XXX

The side window panel will be shipped out once we receive them back in stock. ETA 7/18/2011

I’ve added the fan shroud, the SATA back panel shroud and the solid panel into the same order. All of them will be shipped out today.

It looks like you’ve received used case from the retailer. Probably a schemed return unit from a different customer. Black marker on a dent will not be possible for factory that produced such a high volume of machined PC case.

Please let me know if you have question.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelvin D.

888-222-4346

The replacement front bezel arrived on wendnesday.

If you wish, I can send you every email of that conversation from june 09, - july 14, 2011.

• Corsair Employees

You blocked out your personal information but you posted Kelvins is that fair to him?

Please DO NOT POST internal phone numbers and extensions and last names.

And No you need to contact your email provider and make sure they are not blocking emails. I would contact kelvin and ask him to provide a tracking list you can provide to your email provider so they can research why you are not getting the emails and if its Comcast they will not help you and that is the issue. I would use another provider.

That's the complete email. - I think I'm everything else than unfair.

Thanks for your advice. Posting Kelvins internal phone number and last name was no intension! But I think I'm the person in this case where needs adequate support.

Hello XXXXXXXXXXXX,

The side window panel will be shipped out once we receive them back in stock. ETA 7/18/2011

I’ve added the fan shroud, the SATA back panel shroud and the solid panel into the same order. All of them will be shipped out today.

It looks like you’ve received used case from the retailer. Probably a schemed return unit from a different customer. Black marker on a dent will not be possible for factory that produced such a high volume of machined PC case.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelvin D.

888-222-4346

Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2011 12:22 PM

To: JackFlash

Subject: Attention To Kelvin

XXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXX XX

XXXXXXXXXXXX

GERMANY

Hello Jackflash/Kelvin,

Ram Guy gave me your email adress.

As I wrote multiple to (the reanimated) Bluebeard and you (Kelvin: XXXXXX@XXX), these parts of my new 800D are damaged.

- The front bezel had a significant color difference of purple and red. - The new replacement panel has unfortunatly (!) a scratch too (horizontal by vertical patterning).

- The HDD drive dock shroud has a few scratches.

- The HDD SATA backplane shield has scratches.

- The Window is damaged with fine rifts in the area of a screw.

- The side panel (whitout window) has a dent.

- The dent was retouched with a black marker and the outside has a mark of a black marker too.

- On the back of the mainboard-panel is another manual correction in the area of a screw.

- The Front I/O port cover is only to open (push) with strenght. - Sorry, but it's only a matter of time until it breaks.

This is the current specification of my latest request. The tower was delivered by the dealer at this state.

I showed Bluebeard on June 09, 2011 pictures of the incorrect front panel in a support-forum. On June 14, 2011 I sent Bluebeard an email with a first specification of damaged parts and pictures of it. The whole traffic includes 10 emails!

Only the Front bezel was replaced. The new replacement has a scratch.

On July 08, 2011 arrived your (Kelvin) latest response: "We will send you the replacement Front panel Bezel and the Side windowed panel...".

From there I was frustrated and furious. I've posted the following text at "Warranty Questions".

"We will send you the replacement Front panel Bezel and the Side windowed panel...". Sorry, is this some sort of hidden-camera-tv-show? I purchased a brand-new high-end product from Corsair for 280 Euro inclusive scratches, rifts, black markings and a dent! I wrote two associates of Corsair, four times (!) that the front bezel, the HDD drive dock shroud, the window, the side panel, the mainboard-panel and the Front I/O port cover are damaged and now after several weeks of email-traffic I get two exchange parts? Have I missed something, since when does new products look like used products? I bought several power supply units, memorys and the most expensive case from Corsair (even more...) and this is the result I get back for my faith in the company and the material.

Is this acceptable?

The 800D has a great many awards for its high quality. For example, Corsair has these reviews on their website:

- Overclockers, Dezember, 2010: ...quality construction materials, ..

- Think Computers, August, 2010: This really shows that Corsair takes pride in their products.

- TechReaction, February, 2010: If you’re interested in a top quality chassis...

- Pure Overclock, January, 2010: Outstanding quality, ...

- Hardware Heaven, Oktober, 2009: ...exceptional build quality...

- Tech Power Up, June, 2009: ..the Obsidian 800D is a worthy player in the high-end, full tower segment...

I think I can expect this quality.

Also the 800D features include, I quote: "Two year warranty with Corsair's world-class customer service and technical support."... This are big words! I would highly appreciate that Corsair will meet his own standard - after all of that - the whole situation is very unsatisfying.

(Warranty Questions: 800D defects and warranty: fifth try!)

Excuse me, but after all, it seems to me like a bad joke when i send an email to a Corsair associate. This is my sixth try!

Kind regards, a very DISSATISFIED costumor.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

If you wish, I can post every email of that conversation from june 09, - july 14, 2011 in this thread.

And No you need to contact your email provider and make sure they are not blocking emails. I would contact kelvin and ask him to provide a tracking list you can provide to your email provider so they can research why you are not getting the emails and if its Comcast they will not help you and that is the issue. I would use another provider.

And No I don't need to contact my email provider. I've read about that Comcast issue but as I said, I got the complete email-traffic. Thanks for your information.

The second replacement of the front bezel (800D-fascia) is damaged too.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

XXXXXX XX

XXXXXXXXXXXX

GERMANY

Hello Kelvin,

thank you for your response.

Could you please tell me the tracking no. of the other spare parts.

Today I opened the front bezel replacement package with the boxed fascia inside. The seal was brocken. The HDD drive dock door has scratches and fine dents and the plastic behind the door has a dent too. "If box seal is brocken, verify contents prior to acceptance" ...how should I do that? The fascia-box was in a package.

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/589/800dfasciapackage.jpg

I would gladly post pictures of the scratches and dents but my digital-camera has not the ability to document differences in black on this black background. But if necessary I can provide a pro-camera to do that.

In the meantime I had a conversation with Ram Guy. Please, check my addendum and your response from july 08, 2011 (RE: Response Obsidian 800D spare parts). This is the most important part of our communication. If you wish, I can send you this email too.

For my part, I wanna bring this to an end: I would highly appreciate to get all the spare parts I need - undamaged - to have the Obsidian 800D for which i paid 280 Euro. ASAP.

Corsair should really highly modify their quality control and costumor communication.

The acquisition of the Obsidian 800D isn't in any relationship to the high level of trouble.

Regards, this is way beyond frustrating.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

----- Original Message -----

To: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:27 PM

Subject: RE: Attention To Kelvin

Hello XXXXXXXXXXXX,

Thank you.

Regards,

Kelvin D.

888-222-4346

Edit:...

You guys, thanks for your interest.

mack33: Thanks. I have actual a HX750W. After a few weeks I have discovered, that the sleeve of the ATX power cable was not properly attached to the cable and that someone used a black marker on the power supply to retouch.

Exburn: You downgraded the support in your post from brilliant to good: That's a wide difference... I would be satisfied with a good support. Well, let's see how it continues.

Synthohol: I can't tell. The seal was brocken and the fascia-box has tape of security-seal on both sides. It is the same tape which was used to close the shipping package.

Is this standard?

Today arrived the side panel replacement with brocken seal and mark of black marker.

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/6580/800dsidepanelpack.jpg

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/6799/800dsidepanelrepla.jpg

Also arrived the HDD drive dock shroud and the HDD SATA backplane. At least they had no traces of second hand.

Thanks!

Is this standard?

Today arrived the side panel replacement with brocken seal and mark of black marker.

Also arrived the HDD drive dock shroud and the HDD SATA backplane. At least they had no traces of second hand.

Thanks!

It was most likely opened and inspected by German Customs. We have no control over what the shipper and Customs does to a package. Is there something wrong with the parts?

After that exceeding email-traffic I accept the Side panel replacement.

Kelvin wrote the Side window panel will be in stock at july 18, 2011. I'm still waiting for this replacement.

As I wrote to Kelvin, the second replacement of the Front bezel is damaged too. Also for that I need a replacement. Please undamaged.

I would gladly give the damaged 800D parts and the damaged spare parts back. Please arrange a pick up.

Thank you.

• 3 months later...

Archived