Corsair Community

Buying a second pair of fans for the H100

wubikens

I was wondering, since the H100 only comes with two fans by default, would it be possible to purchase another two of the same fans separately for a 4-fan setup? Or is it not possible to purchase the fans sold with the H100 separately from the H100?

RG all ready stated in another thread that the fans are not available for purchase just yet on their own. But he said it is in the works for the next couple of months. You can add any fan you want just make sure to match them up as closely as possible to the ones that came with it. Something around 68cfm or greater would be perfect.

RG all ready stated in another thread that the fans are not available for purchase just yet on their own. But he said it is in the works for the next couple of months. You can add any fan you want just make sure to match them up as closely as possible to the ones that came with it. Something around 68cfm or greater would be perfect.

Isn't the static air pressure value also a factor of the fan?

Sure, to a point. Higher is always better. But in a situation where you will have one set pushing and another set pulling,static pressure wouldn't be so much of an issue. Just make sure that the fans that have the higher static pressure are the one pushing. Even at that the second set of fans that would be pulling will only help add to how much air is sucked through the rad. Even if you used two different kinds of fans the difference in static pressure vs CFM in a push/pull config is not going to get you any noticeable temperature gains. At best a degree or two. But 2 fans vs 4 fans you will notice

Sure, to a point. Higher is always better. But in a situation where you will have one set pushing and another set pulling,static pressure wouldn't be so much of an issue. Just make sure that the fans that have the higher static pressure are the one pushing. Even at that the second set of fans that would be pulling will only help add to how much air is sucked through the rad. Even if you used two different kinds of fans the difference in static pressure vs CFM in a push/pull config is not going to get you any noticeable temperature gains. At best a degree or two. But 2 fans vs 4 fans you will notice

Thanks for the tips. Im very anxious to use the H100. I have the corsair 800d and the H50 im running currently is in a push pull being used as a intake. I have a hot room and a dust/cat type issue. So cleaning is almost every 2 weeks I pull a thick layer of whatever off the radiator. Im interested to try the H100 as a exhuast. I personally don't think its going to work out as a exhaust considering the 800d isn't very good in regards to internal air circlulation. When you think of it, the case only has 1 intake o_0.

I bought the case to do some more serious large scale water cooling but havn't had the will or funds to do anything just yet. I like the sealed systems due to the less maintence and less leak issue. Its got warrenty! heh

With my current push/pull intake H50 with kaze fans im running a @9550 3.8ghz @ 41-43c idle and 65c full load prime. Keep in mind, my ambiant is upwards of 92f+. Im in a florida room, so its hot as balls. The water cooling gave me about 2-4c cooler then air when I first made the switch. I know its not the greatest clock or temps but its better then air for me.

I really gotta move my pc someday lol

P.S im welcome to ideas on keeping my radiator clean, I figured putting a filter on it would starve the fans so I never tried it.

and have heard that the fans on this device are top notch already

Looking at the specs of the fans on the product page, this is most definitely true. I took peanutz94's advice and tried to look up some similar fans, but nothing really came close to the quality of the fans on this thing. Any of the fans with the same rpm/cfm/static usually ended up having a fairly high dba, instead of the 22-39 listed on the product page. The closest thing I was able to find though, was this...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835705040

The specs are about the same as the max specs of the fans that come with the H100, except that the cfm and the dba are slightly higher (cfm by 4 and dba by 3). So if you want similar performance with a minimal noise increase, these might be worth getting (although I'd still prefer the ones from corsair :[pouts:).

Looking at the specs of the fans on the product page, this is most definitely true. I took peanutz94's advice and tried to look up some similar fans, but nothing really came close to the quality of the fans on this thing. Any of the fans with the same rpm/cfm/static usually ended up having a fairly high dba, instead of the 22-39 listed on the product page. The closest thing I was able to find though, was this...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835705040

The specs are about the same as the max specs of the fans that come with the H100, except that the cfm and the dba are slightly higher (cfm by 4 and dba by 3). So if you want similar performance with a minimal noise increase, these might be worth getting (although I'd still prefer the ones from corsair :[pouts:).

42dba :bigeyes: I guess I can't complain if im doing a push pull of 4 fans LOL.

Archived