Corsair Community

Worst customer service ever

Below is my story.

Case #2109152

RMA #1236897

I owned 2 pairs of CMG6GX3M3A1866C7 at the beginning of the case. I sent in one pair marked as: "I have tested the memory with Memtest and seen failures, and/or, I have put the memory in a different compatible system that I know is good, and it still fails. I don't want help trying to solve the problem, I just want to replace the memory because I am an expert and I know it is bad." option. on 06/28/11

On 6/30/2011 3:32:35 PM:

Dear XXXXXXXXX,

Thank you for choosing Corsair.

We have received your RMA 1236897 which unfortunately is for an obsolete/discontinued product which is no longer available for direct replacement. Under our warranty policy we are able to offer you alternate replacement. Please confirm to us at your earliest convenience.

Returned Product: CMG6GX3M3A1866C7

Returned Qty: 1 SET

Potential/Alternate Replacement: CMT6GX3M3A2000C8 OR CMT6GX3M3A1866C9

We apologize for any inconvenience you have encountered. We look forward hearing from you. Thank you!

Best Regards,

CSG

Corsair RMA Representative

On 7/1/2011 12:09:20 AM I reply:

Hi,

Thank you for the e-mail. Do you really not have any set's of the CMG6GX3M3A1866C7 in stock for warranty replacements?

If we have to replace them, I have a second set of the CMG6GX3M3A1866C7 so I would need both sets to be compensated for. What is the process for that going to be?

If we have to replace them, I'd like the 2 sets of the CMT6GX3M3A2000C8 please. Also, if you could, please ensure the extended heatsinks that were sent in are included on the new pairs.

Thank You,

XXXXXXXXX

(###)-###-####

On 7/3/2011 11:57:34 PM I sent a second message since I hard received no reply:

Hey,

Please disregard my last message because in your delay I have returned my second set of CMG6GX3M3A1866C7.

I will accept a set of CMT6GX3M3A2000C8 in replacement for the defective set I sent in. I would like to purchase a second set of CMT6GX3M3A2000C8 through you directly so I can get my 12gb back at once. If this is not an option, I will purchase one from a retailer.

Please ensure the extended heatsinks that were sent in are included on the new pairs.

However, I need you to ship out the replacement(s) as soon as possible and AS FAST AS POSSIBLE. I can't have any longer down time on my machine. If you can overnight it, that would be great.

Please get back to me ASAP.

Thank You,

XXXXXXXXX

(###)-###-####

On 7/6/2011 ~12:00p.m.

I still had not received a response from them or any indication my case was even being dealt with. I called in and spoke to a Joseph from TSD who looked up my case and kindly transferred me to customer care (it makes me shiver calling it that). I then spoke with a Harold who looked up my case and nonchalantly read what I had posted back to me like it was the first time any one had read it. I confirmed for him again that the CMT6GX3M3A2000C8 was what I wanted. I requested of him a few times that I would like them to be shipped out overnight as time was an issue. He was adamant about the fact that Corsair does not to over-night shipping for any purposes. I was ready to pay for an overnight shipping fee at that point. After being told no, I ended the conversation and he said he would let them know to send out the package.

About an hour later on 7/6/2011 ~1:00p.m.

I realized that I really needed my rig to be up for the weekend and 3-4 business day shipping was not an option. I called again and spoke with Harold and immediately asked to be transferred to the manager/supervisor on duty. He said they were busy. I requested a call back and was told "You'll get a call back shortly. At 4:45p.m., 15 minutes before they close for the case and 15 minutes before I got off work, I missed a call from Jamie a CS supervisor. At 5:15p.m. I returned her call stating my case ID, name, and repeated a phone number to contact me at twice and that I look forward to talking with her.

In the mean time on 7/6/2011 2:33:11 PM this message was posted:

Hello XXXXXX,

We apologize for the delay.

Your order has already been processed and is being arranged to be shipped out before the end of the day today. For your inconvenience, could I compensate you with CMFUSB2.0-8GB? (8GB Voyager Flash Drive). To contact me directly, please email Names removed.

Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Harold Nguyen

Corsair RMA Support

All of 7/7/11 went by and no response.

I left Jamie a message yesterday returning her call. I haven't heard from her.

This message was sent to Names Removed on 7/6//2011 3:06 PM.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harold,

Unfortunately, I am not okay with the customer service provided by Corsair.

My server has been down since the 28th of last month because of a fault with your product. I paid a price premium for what, at the time, was the best RAM you could buy for a retail system. $300+ for RAM and I would hope it never dies in this lifetime and if it did I would hope it be a priority by the company to get it replaced.

Not only did the RAM go bad, but I was forced to settle on CMT6GX3M3A2000C8, a setup with higher latency and bad reviews all over the Internet. This was highly inconvenient because I had a second set. What was I going to do use a mismatched pair? I took it upon my own good will to get a refund on the set and to expedite the process. You guys don't carry stock for warranty replacement?

I responded to the comment posted online about my modules being discontinued and selecting a replacement twice and explicitly requested urgency. I never got a response. I had to call in today for anyone to even get back to me. Absolutely outrageous.

I asked for the package to be sent overnight or at least faster than the standard shipping. I was told that wasn't an option, at all, not even for this request.

I then called back about an hour later asking to speak to a supervisor or manager and was told they were unavailable. I asked for a callback shortly and haven't received for 3 hours and counting.

"For your inconvenience, could I compensate you with CMFUSB2.0-8GB? (8GB Voyager Flash Drive)." Is that supposed to be a joke? Does a company like Corsair really think a flash drive that costs pennies to make is going to makeup for the crap I've been put through, not to mention the money I've lost. I mean, my the place I work at hands those things out for free...

If something about Corsair and its representatives doesn't change you can bet I will never purchase another item for myself or the countless clients I serve.

XXXXXXXXX

Clearly, at this point I was furious at the "service" I was receiving.

On 7/8/2011 5:58:24 PM I sent this message via e-mail and case:

If no one is going to care to reply to this or return my phone call, can I at least get a tracking number for my shipment back?

Hello?

XXXXXX XXXXX

A few hours later, an unannounced package shows up from Corsair. Okay, I'm thinking not too bad...until I open it and it's missing the extended RAM heatsinks that I sent in with the RAM. For goodness sake, not only did I ask them twice, I had a handwritten note in the RMA I sent in specifically requesting the extended heatsinks be sent back.

STILL, with no reply on 7/9/2011 1:32:25 AM:

Today a package arrived for me without any sort of notice or tracking number. This would be great, IF I received what I asked for.

These are a part of 2 messages I sent:

"Also, if you could, please ensure the extended heatsinks that were sent in are included on the new pairs."

"Please ensure the extended heatsinks that were sent in are included on the new pairs."

I'm sorry but I don't think I can be any clearer than that. I can't help but think this is supposed to be some sort of joke. DOES ANYONE OVER THERE AT CORSAIR EVEN READ?!

At this point I am demanding a $20 refund of my extended heatsinks AND to speak to a higher authority.

A VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY dissatisfied customer,

XXXXXX XXXXX

(###)-###-####

why would you ship the extra fins anyway? they are not part of the product you RMA'd.

also as a reminder mixing the 2 sets is not guaranteed to work at listed speed. if you had the 2 sets of 1866 working at 1866 that was a blessing. if the 2 sets of 2000 ram dont work together, try 1 set at a time. you may need to lower the speed to 1333 to get them to play nice together.

im seriously not trying to add insult to injury, i just dont want to see you get your hopes up and be mad because the 2 sets wont work together.

i really wish you luck!

why would you ship the extra fins anyway? they are not part of the product you RMA'd.

I did not want to send them in as RMA with no heatsink and risk being told they aren't in retail condition and my warranty is void or something silly like that.

also as a reminder mixing the 2 sets is not guaranteed to work at listed speed. if you had the 2 sets of 1866 working at 1866 that was a blessing. if the 2 sets of 2000 ram dont work together, try 1 set at a time. you may need to lower the speed to 1333 to get them to play nice together.

I didn't rma because they weren't playing nice with eachother. I rma'd because I was having system crashes and I tested each stick at a time and found a bad one.

im seriously not trying to add insult to injury, i just dont want to see you get your hopes up and be mad because the 2 sets wont work together.

i really wish you luck!

None taken. I understand it's not guaranteed but I was saying I wouldn't want to run one 1866 7-8-7-20 and one 2000 8-9-8-24 so I asked them to replace both, but I ended up returning the second set before Corsair got back to me.

• Corsair Employees

I think I actually had a conversation about this a little while ago, but the Extended Fins are an option and do not come with the modules.

And yes you should have kept the Fins of of your modules and if you did not have the stock Fins you should have spoken to customer service before you sent the modules in to work this out.

But they are working on a solution for you, I would suggest you keep your communication with our customer service so things do not get confused.

I think I actually had a conversation about this a little while ago, but the Extended Fins are an option and do not come with the modules.

And yes you should have kept the Fins of of your modules and if you did not have the stock Fins you should have spoken to customer service before you sent the modules in to work this out.

Good to know for next time I guess, but still kind of ridiculous that it was overlooked despite me asking specifically for them twice.

But they are working on a solution for you, I would suggest you keep your communication with our customer service so things do not get confused.

Do you mean in reference to post on the forum? Or what do you mean by keeping communication to customer service?

The service I've been receiving has improved significantly since I've posted on the forums. I'm not sure if this is a coincidence or if it is a result of posting up here.

After reading other threads, it is clear I am not the worst of the bunch but it still doesn't negate the bad service.

I spoke with the supervisor finally who explained what was going on and what happened and a possible resolution.

I will keep posted though.

Yes you need to speak with our customer service they do not work on the forum. I would suggest calling or emailing them.

If you read my first post, I said I have been trying to contact them over and over and haven't gotten a response.

I was posting here to express my concern with the customer service as the forum description is "Post your concerns". Sorry if I misunderstood.

Anyhow, I was told I will be receiving a package with the extended heatsinks.

• 3 weeks later...
The hours for Customer service are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Time Monday Through Friday Excluding holidays, I can only assume that you may be trying to reach them during off hours.

I was calling during customer service hours. I live in the same time zone practically.

Eitherway, I am done with this issue. I got a package with the heatsinks I had asked for numerous times and of course it was the wrong one and they sent like 9 of them.

I called the supervisor directly and left a voicemail. I never heard back.

Now I know, IF I ever decide to buy another Corsair product and have issues with it, I am better off spending the money all over again than bang my head with the HORRENDOUS customer service this company provides.

It's a shame really.

Archived