Corsair Community

Is this an SSD problem?

tantryl

I'm helping someone with a Corsair Force Series 3 120GB with a serial number starting with 1124.

It's a new system, built 2 days ago. Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 mainboard, i3 2120 CPU, 2x2GB Corsair DDR3 Value Select with a secondary 1TB Samsung F3 HDD (not used for pagefile or any system files) and an Asus DVDRW SATA all wrapped up in an Antec NSK3480 w/ 380W EarthWatts.

Windows 7 HP 64-bit installed fine. SP1 installed fine. All Windows Updates installed fine. The entire installation of all programs, drivers, set up of Thunderbird, transfer of documents/pictures/email from the old HDD etc. was all fine.

This morning there was a BSOD. The friend didn't take down the full error, but it was a 0xc0000006 code. It restarted fine and has been fine for an hour or so. I've attached the Event Viewer log filtered to view only System category Error, Warning and Critical events.

I have yet to start trying the advice listed here because I'm not certain this situation is the same thing. The advice seems to be for much more pronounced problems. That said, the SATA cables in the Gigabyte box seem to be of a high quality and reasonable length.

Advice?

I'm not looking for definitive statements here, just opinions.

Today there was an issue on boot where presumably the SSD wasn't detected on boot (it asked for the system disk to be inserted after POST). A simple hard reboot and it was detected and moved on. No other BSODs or problems have occured in the interim.

I'm not looking for definitive statements here, just opinions.

Today there was an issue on boot where presumably the SSD wasn't detected on boot (it asked for the system disk to be inserted after POST). A simple hard reboot and it was detected and moved on. No other BSODs or problems have occured in the interim.

It could be the SSD, my own F120GB3 has disappeared from BIOS about 10 times since I started using it on 6/20/2011, 4 of which were this weekend. :):

Archived