Corsair Community

Problems with H60 and 600T!

stevenf17

Hi,

Just recently did a new build in a 600t and installed a H60 on my CPU!

I love the look of them both as well but unfortunately I'm having problems with the two of them, more so with the H60. You'll see/hear in the video below what I'm on about.

The H60 in making this god awful grinding sound and I've been reading through the forums about similar people and they saying it might go away after a bit of use but I've had mine running for well over a day now and its still the same as when I first installed it... should I wait longer before an RMA?

Secondly theres the front 200mm fan on the 600, its making this whining sound all of the time, and its way more noticeable when you crank up the speed.... the top case fan is perfect though so its probably just the fan!

Anyway if someone could advise me on what to do, because the fan I may be able to live with, but the noise from the pump.. No way!!

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHGhSS8bAD8

• Corsair Employee
Its not uncommon for the pump is noisy especially for the first few days but if the noise does not calm down in a few days then please use the link on the left and request an RMA and we can replace it.

Looks like the h60 doesn't really like the fan outputs on my mobo (p67 sabertooth)... changed the power to the pump over to the power from the fan controller on the 600t, and hey presto, its nearly completely silent now... Its idling around 30 degrees and had it on prime95 for an hour with the fans on full pelt and it stayed around 70 for the most of it, nd its overclocked to 4.6ghz (from 3.4)

Is there anything you can do for me about that front 200mm fan??... everything else is perfect and I would love to stop that whining sound!!

Thanks

Maybe I spoke too soon.... just plugged the pump into one of the lower fan headers on my mobo and it seem to be running nice and quite.... until after running prime95 when my cpu got to 65 degrees the grinding/data chewing sound started again.

Is this a limitation of the pump, or have I got a defective one??

Also note that when plugged into the top two headers on my mobo it always makes the grinding sound, but when plugged into the header just above the PCI slots its fine until the cpu reached around 65 Degrees!

• Corsair Employee

And if it does not calm down then request an RMA and we can repalce it.

And I would create another request for the 200MM Fan on your case just put in the description that the fan is noisy and they will send another fan.

Archived