Corsair Community

H50 Pump and Fan Power

IanVic

Hello all,

I have the H50 fan arrangement mounted in push/pull (H50 fan reversed and mounted on chassis, then the radiator, then the original chassis fan blowing back out as suggested by a member here who's name sadly I have forgotten (Polartryx?) and I can't find the thread again. Anyway...

I have the following set up:

4-pin H50 fan connector plugged into "CPU Fan"

3-pin Corsair (original, now inner) case fan connector into "CHA Fan 2"

3-pin large top fan connector into "CHA Fan 1"

3-pin pump connector into "PWR Fan"

on a Intel P6X58D mobo.

Can you please tell me if the setup is correct? Especially for the pump.

PWR Fan, CHA Fan 2 & 3 each have 3 pins which the handbook say are Ground, +12V and Rotation whereas CHA Fan 1 has 4 pins labelled +5v, Cha Fan In, Cha Fan Pwr & Ground.

I am still building up the PC so I've no idea of temps as yet but I hope you can help in verifying my setup.

Kind regards.

Fan goes into CPU fan and cooler goes into any fan slot, make sure its getting full power, and NOT in a fan controller hub. Just any normal fan header. Wouldnt reccomend fan splitters to be used either if you do use one. If you do on another slot thats ok because mobo's come with like 3-5 fan headers. So yes acually PWR fan was the correct one to use, and it is correct if you have the fan blowing cool air through the radiator, make sure it is.

Fan goes into CPU fan and cooler goes into any fan slot, make sure its getting full power, and NOT in a fan controller hub. Just any normal fan header. Wouldnt reccomend fan splitters to be used either if you do use one.

Thanks heaps ComputerBuildin. My mobo uses a kind of smart fan arrangement. 3 chassis fan connectors and a power fan connector (PWR FAN). Not sure what they mean by power fan (I assume cont 12V).

If you do on another slot thats ok because mobo's come with like 3-5 fan headers. So yes acually PWR fan was the correct one to use, and it is correct if you have the fan blowing cool air through the radiator, make sure it is.

So you would you agree with the two piggy-backed fans in push/pull arrangement? I think the H100 comes like this.

Regards

Archived