Corsair Community

Does the TX 850 80 plus bronze enthusiast work good?

ComputerBuildin

Ive read some very bad reviews on the TX 850 W. Anything from nothing to shooting white smoke. Im aiming towards 800+ and for some reason they have some bad and great reviews. Just wondering if the TX 850 W 80 plus bronze enthusiast is a good pick. And if so, how long would it last?

Well these are from amazon, I always buy from them. But the thing is there is good and bad, just dont want to take a chance of being the bad luck ones. Heres the link:http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Enthusiast-Certified-compatible-platforms/product-reviews/B004MYFODS/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_1?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0&filterBy=addOneStar

You might have to click one star. Im not toooo worried though if there is alot more 5 stars. Still.:sigh!:

I already hate that link lol! It says it's for the TX850W V2... but the very first review's for the TX750W and is 2 years old... Looks like 13 bad reviews for 5 different part numbers over 2 years, not bad (171 five star reviews presumably for the same product spread).

Gotta love the guy who blamed his PSU for his house being wired incorrectly...

I'd use the PSU finder on the left for a recommendation (keep in mind it has some built in overhead in it) and look at some professional reviews. You won't be sorry.

Yeah some made no sense. :p anyway Ive seen many good reviews, but the thing is if im going to get it, turns out its really good and has like a 2% chance to be one of the unlucky faulty ones. Anyway the PSU finder told me I should get a 650 W, really suprised on that, Why? Because Ive been through some really in-depth PSU caculators that base it on EVERYTHING in there, including the things that would take even 1 watt. :D anyway those in-depth caculators said I should get a around a 800-850 W And ive heard for PSU's that you should always give it some slack, not to mention future upgrades. So im thinking about getting this 850 W anyway, thanks wired! Still waiting on a reply for a H50 though. Just getting most of my parts for my first build from corsair.

Its ok though, because I think ive decided on that 850 W, mostly for future upgrades because im thinking about getting another GTX 460 for SLi.

only question before purchase (Noob question) Whats the difference between the Enthusiast and the TX? The Enthusiast is cheaper, only by 15$

Found the correct one, Theres a TX and enthusiast of V1 and V2, I typed in V2 for it and it came up. Thats the correct one ill be ordering. Thanks for helping me choose! UPDATE: Oh and instead of TX it will be the enthusiast, cause acually the TX dosent have a V2.

Oh, weird. Amazon goes by tx OR enthusiast. See if you could check out the page and see what I mean. Go to that review page I posted and click what the item is. It gives you the size and the series. 1 choice is TX and the other is Enthusiast. Actually type in v2 instead because well.. That's the v2 one. If they're part of each other then that makes no sense. Check it out. Thanks

It makes sense when you look at Corsair's site. Amazon just has it improperly labeled. What they have listed as TX Series is the CMPSU-850TX (search the page) and what they have labeled as Enthusiast Series is the CMPSU-850TXV2.

Archived