Corsair Community

My case number #2119415 is... badly misbehaving, at least, not sure what's going on.

Edit: Fully resolved, see my last post (#13) - while the issue itself was a hassle, Corsair's phone support was an absolute pleasure to work with, and I will have no problem at all patronizing them in the future.

My 650D Mid-Tower is exhibiting the fan noise issue that everyone seems to be well familiar with, and I was told early on in the warranty process that Corsair would ship out parts as they are available. After some time I was told I needed to enter additional information. I was unable to log in to the second option under the Tech Support page because I was never given a password during the process. I used the "request a password" feature and received a password through email, which I used to log in. I filled in the only two blank fields (where I purchased it and the date of purchase) twice now, they seem to blank out every time. But now it appears my support case number is having issues. Any attempt to visit the several emails back and forth shows the following:

Security Key Error!

We're sorry, you have provided an invalid case security key.

This may be due to your email client snipping the URL because of a line break. Ensure that your entire key code is pasted into the URL Address Bar.

If you feel this message is in error, please contact us using the link at the bottom right of the screen.

Thank you.

I can enter the case number and request a new password and that does allow me to edit the original information, but how am I going to get this resolved if I have no means to do what is requested of me? I gave the customer service person the information requested, I created an account on the Corsair site with the information requested, and now I seem to have jeopardized my case number somehow by getting a password that I feel I probably should have been given in the first place through the automated system. I just really don't want this terrible fan buzz, it's incredibly loud and I was told that you guys had a fix for it so I thought I would stick with the brand I trust. Now I'm just confused and don't know what to do. Everybody else's "fix" for it seems to be cutting the noisy grille out with wire snips. I don't want to mangle my case, I just want it to be as quiet and functional as a $200 case ought to be, you know?

Since I can only access my case by generating a new password, I've done so twice now, and I've added my shipping info and all that to the body text at the top. If that does not fulfill the requirement that the customer support technician wants me to do, I don't know what the next step is. Please help.

And now someone's spamming my inbox with password reset requests, har har har. Forget it. I'll look into one of the many after-market solutions available to fix the problem while trying to keep the warranty intact, a joke though it seems to be when you actually need it.

• Corsair Employees
Jeff we do not send spam mails so if you are getting email spam its not from us. And that error is because you did not copy all of the link when you pasted it into your browser. You only just provided your shipping address and phone number; how can we ship something to you with that? It seems you did not want to provide this information. Not sure why but we cannot ship something to you with out it. I have sent out customer service a message to contact you ASAP sorry but that is about all I can do from Tech support.

If you're looking at the case number now, I've edited it to remove personal contact information as I am concerned someone is trying to gain unauthorized access to the case after me having posted the case number here.

Originally I provided a thoroughly detailed explanation of the entire problem, and there was a lot of back-and-forth between the support representative and me as well. I had no problem providing the information requested, I created an account on the Corsair web site with my information as well, but the tech support representative said I needed to provide more info without specifying what information it was. I was told to use the customer service option so that a customer service representative could enter in for me, since I couldn't enter it in myself.

I still don't know what information I was supposed to provide where. I was never told what information specifically was missing, just that I needed to provide more. The support process and communication was definitely lacking.

You're mistaken about the error, as well - I never pasted it into my browser, I clicked the link in the email and that's what I got. But only AFTER I manually requested a password so that I could go in and add the only information I could guess was missing. Again, I was never told what information I needed to provide, only that more was needed as part of the process and that I needed to enter it. When I expressed my inability to enter the RMA system (as no password had been given to me), I was told to use "the third option on the customer service page" so that a customer service representative could enter it for me. I don't even know what that means. Is this the third option? Are you the person that's supposed to enter information into the system?

The whole process was deeply uninformative and frustrating, culminating in somebody taking it upon themselves to spam the password request feature to the point that gmail probably thinks Corsair support is spam now. I don't think you guys did it, it seems like someone probably just entered in the case number and hit the button a bunch for giggles or to try to gain access somehow. So we're clear, while I'm not at all pleased with my support experience, I'm certainly not accusing you guys of spamming me. You may not have the easiest to work with customer service crew in the world but that's a far cry from being actively malicious, which I don't believe any of you are.

Do you have a proposed alternative to how I can get support, since the online process clearly isn't working at all for me? If I call the number, will I be able to speak with someone who can help?

I'll give them a call. I'm in the U.S., so no concerns about international dialing, just need to catch them in operating hours. Closes at 5 in California, right?

Here's the big block o' incoming emails, by the way, to demonstrate what I mean:

http://i54.tinypic.com/1hcvpf.png

I think gmail has a sense of humor, judging by the context-sensitive ad at the top.

I believe it's worthy of noting that someone else with a case-related issue in the following thread:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=96448

had a similar problem, and it turns out the form itself does not have fields for the information requested. So I couldn't have entered the information, even though I did tell the agent twice what my shipping address and telephone number were.

I'll use the customer service contact number, but it would be nice if you (Corsair as a whole, that is) could see to it that your forms have the necessary fields to prevent frustrating wastes of time like this from happening. All of us involved in this (including you, now) have had our time wasted. For me it's been quite a bit of time, having been told more than once to enter information that I literally could not given the nature of the form. Huh.

• Corsair Employees

Well maybe, but the reply to address is No_reply@tsx.corsair.com so most email clients will censure the emails in some cases they will block them all together. But the system is designed to notify you automatically anytime there is an action to or on your case and why you got so many notifications.

You will get three emails upon case creation.

So if you subtract those and look at the correspondence that is correct.

In addition, my point was you had sent us several messages and never included your shipping address and phone number and I am sorry but how can we send something to you with out that. And yes I understand you called in but for what ever reason they seem to have relied on your case for that information.

Gmail grouped all of those together because they were all regarding password recovery. I could, if you wish, show the separate, individual emails that correspond to the actual support updates, but I feel we've probably had enough of each-others' time not resolving the issue at this point, yes? I'll call. Best of luck to you. Please do bring up, if you're able, the inconsistencies in forms so that others with case issues aren't put in a similar baffling position of being told they have to provide information which they cannot.

• Corsair Employees
NP and I am sorry that you had trouble, but please let me know if there are any problems, and I will be happy to get involved but for now customer service should be your point of contact.

I called and Corsair support took absolutely fantastic care of me. Consider my faith 100% renewed. Thank you for your efforts RAM Guy, I wouldn't have known what to do next if it weren't for you. Part of my job involves customer service as well and I do know what it's like to have dozens and dozens of questions thrown your way every day. Thank you very much for getting to the root of the issue and pointing me in the right direction.

Archived