Corsair Community

Flash Voyager 256 GB fakes

lysaer

• Corsair Employees
Yes it is a fake drive we have never released a 256 Gig Flash Voyager or even a 128 Gig Flash Voyager has never been release. Only a GT or GTR Version of the 128 Gig drive. Thanks for the link though will forward this to our Legal team.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Corsair Employees

I did just report it to ebay but, I can tell you ebay does not care I have personally called them before and was treated badly on the phone and they refused to pull it because I was not the seller or the one bidding on it.They did not seem to care that I was representing the manufacturer. When I threatened them with our attorney they just hung up on me! I am sorry but I would not pay for that item the seller is committing Fraud.

Thank you for taking the time to post that!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hi i can help your legal team in more than one way

1 i have a actual fake 256gb usb

2 i have name and address of seller in china that is dealing with the factory

3 i am willing to send you a sample to use as evidence against them

please pm me with email so i can forward the information to you directly or to your legal team thanks

• 4 weeks later...

If ebay was held financially accountable for all the counterfeit products they have facilitated in the sale of, they would be bankrupt many times over!

I have seen many fake Corsair products in Shenzhen, many with comprehensive retail packaging, and with more believable storage capacities such as 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, etc. If anyone would like to test their USB drive to make sure it is not fake and has good reliable flash memory, please look into using the H2 burn in testing program.

http://www.chinaelectronicsinsider.com/technical/how-test-fake-flash-memory

Archived