Corsair Community

CSSD-F120GB2 Disappears after about 5 min

I've got a Force serices F120 (serial number 1104650...) that just recently began disappearing after about 5 minutes of usage. My shortcuts and apps just quit working, Explorer no longer shows the drive, Device Manager (Win 7) no longer shows the drive, nor does disk management. It's very reliable. About 5 minutes.

I can only recover it by powering off and disconnecting the power for a minute.

After a reboot, it still doesn't appear, in the bios, or on either controller that I connect it to. Switched controllers, cables, ports, IDE/ACHI modes... Nothing but disconnecting the power brings it back, and then for only 5 minutes.

I also have a Force F40, which I bought first, and it still works fine.

This drive came with v2 firmware on it, and has been faultless until last week.

I saw another post, POST ID # = 510232, about serial numbers at or below 1122 needing to be RMA'd.

Thanks!

wackenbow

I saw another post, POST ID # = 510232, about serial numbers at or below 1122 needing to be RMA'd.
Wrong part #. You don't have a Force 3 120 GB drive and as such that post has nothing to do with your drive.

If your F40 works fine on the same machine, then it sounds like it is a specific problem with the F120 drive.

I would double check the firmware version using CrystalDiskInfo and make sure it is version 2.0 or higher. If it's already version 2.0 or higher then RMA the drive and get a replacement.

Hey wackenbow,

i'm having exactly the same issues with my drive, 5 min uptime then fail...

Here's my thread

i'm so fed up with these garbage drives, my strategy for now is to get another ssd from another company that seems more reliable, and then i'll go through 5 min copy paste till i back up my important data

then i'll ship the drive back to corsair or maybe just trash it

stomp on it barefoot for ruining my precious time hahah

please keep me posted if you ever manage to get more uptime or simply resolve your issue !

BTW Tech support gave me advice about turning off power save options / hibernate

maybe i'll try that

good luck, cheers !

Archived