Corsair Community

Dominator GT problems with i7 ASUS

bowman

Hi all, I just bought a new set of components including a ASUS P6X58D Prem MB and a Dominator GT CMT12GX3M3A2000CS 3 stick set. When i plugged them in I found that the comp was only registering just over 6GB and running it at 1066 rather than 2000. I have reseated and switched over all of the memory and CPU, no change, I have run Memcheck which game back showing 3x2Gb sticks and crashed when i asked it to do a probe on the speed.

so here is the question. Corsairs memory compatibility check says that this pack should work no problems, yet the manual for the MB does not list it nor any other 12GB over 3 sticks either. Is this a common problem? I have tried to contact the companies directly and had one generic e-mail telling me to reseat from both of them but that is the only one in 3 days. Please can anyone let me know if these are compatible or if this is a common problem with the i7 series as a friend of mine is intimating.

Many thanks in advance

Do you by any chance have the most recent BIOS update? I have the same board and there have been many updates since the release of the board. Also there is a sticky at the top of the forums that addresses wrong capacity reports and some steps you can take to figure out why it's not showing. Off hand make sure your DRAM bus voltage is 1.65v and QPI is at 1.35v

Archived