Corsair Community

Age old page file question

I would like to know Corsairs official stance on putting the page file on a seperate drive. I own a Corsair Performance 3 64G drive for my OS.

After many posts elsewhere saying that you could kill your ssd with the frequent page file writes, I moved the page file to my 2nd drive (RAID 0)....and seemed to instantly notice some lag when multi tasking.

This is my first ssd, and I know NOTHING about them and want to learn...but at the same time I don't want to use faulty info just because it's posted 100 times. Is it true I will kill my drive by keeping the page file on it? I would assume that even in RAID 0, my other drives are not as fast as a sata3 ssd, and something that is used as much as a page file, you would want on the fastest drive???

Should I leave my page file on 2nd drive? Or move it back to ssd? I also have 16GB of RAM...when page file is on ssd "automatic" wants to use all my free space for the page file on this small drive. With 16GB, I KNOW that much is not necesary....want is a good amount to user set?

Microsoft says to leave it on the SSD if you are running Windows 7. According to them it will not kill your drive. I have had the page file on my SSD since I bought it 3 months ago and have not noticed any issues. According to SSDLife my drive is still at 100% health.

Archived