Corsair Community

Is Corsair Force 3 240 GB ready for prime time? Opinions please.

dirtrat

I just purchased this drive from Amazon and also purchased an ASUS P8Z68-V PRO motherboard and Intel 2500K CPU. In the computer I have now I own an Intel X25-M 160G Gen2 SSD. This SSD has been completely trouble free and reliable since I've owned it. Can I expect the same from the Corsair drive? I'm a little concerned about all of the problems I'm reading about here although I'm not hearing the success stories. I'm well within my return period for this drive. Any input on the reliability and compatibility of this drive would be helpfull. I'll be using it with Windows 7 home 64 bit.

Wired, is there a more appropriate forum to post this in? I do understand that most people only post about problems, not sucess stories but the sucess stories are exactly what I'm looking for. I assume most post are about the 120Gb version because of the recall with them and I'm sure many more people own them instead of the 240 Gb version because of the cost difference. Also can anyone point me to any reviews of the 240 Gb version?

1. Tech support forum means you'll generally ONLY hear about issues.

2. Most posts are about the Force 3 120 GB drives, not the 240 GB.

Don't recall seeing any reviews yet myself. May want to try a vendor neutral forum that's not solely dedicated to troubleshooting.

IGNORE VIEWS. Bots sweep forums all the time. They're not indicative of humans reading a thread.

Archived