Corsair Community

Help on 3200LL please.

Colin Crawford

Hello. I have had a lot of problem after i purchased my second stick of 512 3200LL, all ahs been fine with the one stick but when i add the second the machine wont boot properly. When i put the second stick in, i found the only way to get the machine to boot is change the settings to: Lat-2 Cas-3 Pre/time-2 Active-7 This will show 1024 and the machine will run, but i feel like my system performance has suffered in heavy gameing. The stock by speed settings are 2,3,2,5 but wont run with them settings, it allso, with the stock settings, tells me at start up that only 512 of ram is installed, then starts to boot and gets to the windows wont start screen and cant go any further, if i choose "start win normaly" it just loops back. I have tryed each stick on its own and they both run fine, so im guessing its my motherboard of something else im doing wrong. My system: P4SGX-MX533 2.8 P4 533 Western Dig. 450 watt PS 1024 XMS 3200LL FX 5900 Ultra Any help would be apreciated. Colin Crawford.

Hello. I have just pulled the sticks out again and found after a closer look they do have a little bit of difference . [COLOR=DarkOrange]The orignal stick[/COLOR][COLOR=Black].................................................. [/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]The new stick.[/COLOR] White sticky lable:[COLOR=Black]...............................................[/COLOR]White sticky lable: N11360 accd31040121[COLOR=Black]..........................................[/COLOR]N11360 accd40101763 The chrome lable:[COLOR=Black]................................................[/COLOR]The chrome lable: CMX 512 3200ll 400 MZH[COLOR=Black].......................................[/COLOR]CMX 512 3200ll 400 MZH XMS3205v1.1 0341014[COLOR=Black].........................................[/COLOR]XMS3205v1.2 0403005 I tryed this today, put the orignal stick in alone and it runs fine with 2,3,2,6. Put the new stick in alone and wont run with 2.3.2.6, the only way i can get it to run is to have the last number on 7, the others i havent played with. When useing the new stick alone, the first time the machine starts, it will go straight to the windows didnt start properly, i then have to change the settings of the ram and then i have no problems. I have read a lot on these forums lately but am still a bit vague on what the last number does, or what it means to only be able to run it on 7 where the other one runs fine on even the auto settings (wich i have allways used till this new stick). Thanks Colin

• Corsair Employees
You will need to set the timings manually to Cass 2-3-2-6 with the Rass to Cass set to "3" and I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts as well. If you still have problems you might try Cass 2-3-3-6!

I can not set it to "6" , the ram wont run, read my posts more clearly and you will see what i mean.It will only run with "7" , so 2,3,2,7, not 2,3,2,6 , The last number just wont do it, the orignal stick will but the new one wont, is the difference in voltage on stick 2 a problem ? Thanks. Colin

• 2 weeks later...
Colin, calm down. Your post just fell through the cracks that's all. Keep in mind you posted that last post (7-3-04) on a weekend, as well as a 3-day weekend in the USA. Posts occasionally get missed. That's why the rules state you can bump a post no earlier than 24 hours after posting in case it was missed. Have you tried Cass 2-3-3-6? Yes, I understand that you cannot get Cass 2-3-2-7 to work, but with the 2 set to 3, the 7 might work at 6.

• Corsair Employees
Not to mention, your MB will only support DDR333 as well! I would suggest you test the modules in another system to be sure! And I would suggest you set the timings and memory Frequency manually to run the memory at DDR333 and set the timings as follow's: DRAM Timing (overrides SPD values): Manual System Performance: Normal SDRAM Bank cycle time (or tRAS): 6 SDRAM Bank Interleave: 4 SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 3 SDRAM RAS-to-CAS Delay (tRCD): 3 SDRAM CAS Latency: 2

Archived