Corsair Community

650D Window

Hi,

I just received my 650D and noticed the window has a manufacturing defect, the top half of the window is blurred and looks really bad when you look through it at your components. At first i tried cleaning it as i thought it was glue from the protective film, but it's not.

I have submitted a tech support ticket - case number 2129028

Just dreading how long this is going to take and would it be better to just RMA the whole case?

Ideally i just need a new perspex window that i could screw in place myself.

Tom

*Update* - Spoke to the retailer who said i should speak to Corsair to obtain replacement part rather than RMA the whole case back to them...

Is there a number in the UK I can phone to get this sorted? Feeling pretty annoyed at the moment i bought such an expensive case with this kind of problem with it.

Thanks mack33, what's the deal with this site though? At the moment I can't actually get to speak to anyone from Corsair to get this fixed... Will someone contact me soon about my RMA request or does it take forever?

I only bought it last week, so i could RMA the whole case.

Well you can add on to that list the the power connectors on my brand new modular AX850 PSU looked warn, like they were second hand or something...

If anyone has a phone number it would be good, so i can speak to someone? I don't like how companies use the internet as a way of hiding from customers.

timtom33: Nothing's wrong with the forum. Corsair was closed yesterday (US holiday), hence the lack of response. Also, all of your posts today so far were made before they opened, so they hadn't seen them yet. Add on to that the 3 day weekend due to said holiday and yes, responses may take some extra time with the added backlog.

• Corsair Employees

Your request was answered on the 5th and sent to customer service to process your request, the delay was that YOU DID not provide your shipping address.

And you will want to start another case for the question about your PSU.

And our phone number is listed Under CONTACT on the main web site, you can install skype and then call the toll free number.

YOUR form doesn't ask for shipping details, just the nature of the problem. i suggest YOU design YOUR form better to ask for these right away. This will also cut down time having to message back and forth to get a problem resolved.

Anyway you have shipping details now after i've spent two days messaging you about how to get this resolved and you made me send you pictures to prove i wasn't lying about the issues with your brand new products..

Let's see how long it takes to sort this out....

Overall not best pleased with your products corsair and all this hassle just to get somethig accetpable...

*Update - have now submitted a RMA for the PSU - case number 2133847. On the form for PSU's it asks for shipping details, so seems your forms are not consistent*

Thanks.

• Corsair Employees

We are working on improving the form I am sorry about that, however the case has been directed to Customer service so please if you have any more questions contact them for further help.

And I have sent an email to customer service to send you another set of cables ASAP.

Interesting, so the PSU form does request the information but the case form does not. That would probably be the cause of my issue as well. So it was impossible for me to fulfill the requested action of adding information. I did inform the customer service agent of my shipping address and contact information, but he seemed to be implying I had to enter that into a form. Well, now I know the form itself is faulty. Hardly my fault. This is really remarkable, seems like a substantial oversight on the part of the person who designed the forms.

• Corsair Employees
The way you come into the TSX case will determine weather the RMA form (Which DOES ask for shipping Information) is sent to you or you are sent to TSX Case creation (which does not ask for address information) And as I stated on your post we are working on correcting that.

• Corsair Employees

InNeedOfSupport

I am sorry if I was insinuating anything was your fault that WAS NOT my intent, only trying to explain where the ball fell through the bleachers so to speak.

That was never what I felt or thought.

At any rate, I think this will get sorted out shortly if it has not already been sorted. But please let me know if you have any questions or you can always contact our customer service they will do their best to help anyone with any issue or question.

• 3 weeks later...

So, it seems my nightmare trying to get my case to somewhere near acceptable is not over... I have to say in embarking on my computer build i never thought i would have so many problems, especially with something simple like the case.

Upon further inspection of my case, after just about solving the window problem (although the replacement that was sent to me was badly dented in shipping, but the perspex window was ok thankfully and could be unscrewed and used in my current side panel) and sorting the worn PSU cables problem on my AX850 (pretty shocking discovery when buying a top of the range PSU - just hope the parts on the inside of the PSU have not be used or worn!!!), i have now spent more time with the case and noticed a scratch on the front of my 650D. This is only noticeable in certain light and while i have experienced so many other problems with this case i decided to give it full quality check and made this discovery.

I am now at my wits end with this case, i paid top dollar for a PSU and case to house my £2,000 computer build, because i wanted the best, and have so far needed to replace a large amount of parts on the Corsair items.

I have emailed pictures of this scratch to Tech Support (Case Number: 2164045‏) and i am documenting my saga on here because this is one sorry state of affairs and other customers should be aware of the amount of hassle they may have to go through if they buy these products. I agree manufacturing everything in China is great for profits, but honestly, i would actually now pay more to buy a case made in UK or USA as i feel that would be much better quality.

In all honesty i just hope this can get resolved quickly, i am thoroughly fed up now of all of this and just want to enjoy my computer without warped Windows, worn PSU cables, and scratches on my case...

Thanks,

Tom

Thanks for your reply RAMGUY. I do feel the customer service and this support forum has been good up to now, and maybe i have just been very unlucky...

Currently I am just waiting to see if the RMA Request gets answered via email/online reply, as they have all my details and my shipping information in the request i raised... If i don't hear anything by say tomorrow afternoon, I'll give the phone number a ring.

Update - Corsair have sent a new front.

Many thanks,

Tom

Archived