Corsair Community

CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 with my Asus M4A77TD Pro

Vafrous

Gentlemen,

I have an ASUS M4A77TD-PRO motherboard,

http://uk.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3/M4A77TD_PRO/#specifications

I intend to buy and add to it:

XMS3 — 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CMX8GX3M2A1333C9)

http://www.corsair.com/cmx8gx3m2a1333c9.html

But this product is not specifically listed as being compatible with my motherboard by ASUS, or by Corsair.

Furthermore;

My current RAM is 4gb in total, comprising of two 2gb micron modules: I have deliberately chosen corsair ram as similar to this as possible, and I will be attempting to run this ram alongside the new one, just to see if it works out, if not i will use the corsair ram exclusively.

I am running windows 7 home premium 64bit, and I have a AMD Phenom II X4 955 CPU

I have closely examined the specifications of my motherboard,and the new RAM, and i have read the Memory Upgrade Resource Guide; personally I see no reason why it would not work.

I am completely new to all of this, however, so before I buy I was hoping that one of the RAM connoisseurs here would be able to give some constructive criticism, and point out any issues i have missed. :confused:

Thank you for your time.

Is there any harm in trying mixing RAM though?

Am I likely to experience any issues that cant be solved by simply taking out one set of the mixed cards?

Is there any risk of permanent physical damage?

I have skimmed over these forms and those who have had problems have only been performance based (RAM running at a lower speed etc)

please elaborate on why exactly its bad to mix ram.

• Corsair Employees
You are welcome to try it but keep in mind it may not work and there may not be a lot we can do to solve it. I would strongly suggest getting the set that you want and NOT mix sets.

Archived