Corsair Community

H70 possible issues

andy3050

i've just bought the h70, its a great piece of kit, cooling great however my pump is loud. is making a clicking noice (similar to if a wire is catching a fan blade) it definatly is the pump as i've turned off all fans and it still makes the noise.

also when i first got the cooler i noticed there was a lot of movement of the water in the radiator, as though it wasnt totally full, there arent any leeks. but this is my first water cooler so i'm not sure if thats the norm.

should i RMA for the pump issue, it is the most prominant noise from the whole pc. whats the rma process like, how long will i be without a cooler.

thanks for any help guys

I thought gravity didn't play a roll in closed loop systems?? After adding FOUR 120mm fans on the side mesh of my 600T I decided to swap the fans on my H70 to exhaust (all fans Noctua PF12's). When I did this I mounted the radiator with the tubes on the side closest to the side panel. Only reason was it allowed the tubes to follow a much more natural bend radius.

With my i7-960 OC'd to 4.160GHz (3.2 stock) my temps are acceptable: 40*C idle and 89*C after running Prime for 60 minutes. (System did not throttle itself.) The H70 system doesn't appear to be any louder than when the tubes were on the bottom.

I have the same issue as the thread starter... Everything was working OK, but I just recently changed the fans on my H70 to a couple of Akasa Apache black (great fans, btw) and now I can hear a "gurgling" noise every now and then! It really sounds like there is water trapped inside, as it sounds like some water noise! Any idea if this will develop into a serious problem? Any way to solve this?

the small amount of air in the closed system will get trapped at the top of the rad when the tubes are on the bottom and no longer circulate. when the tubes are on the side or top in a vertical mounting the air may still get circulated causing the clicking in the pump or gurgling. its not a gravity issue, its an air issue.

i've changed the radiator possition round so the pipes are on the bottom and i still get the noise. don't know whether to RMA to the store i bought it from or to corsair them selves, who would be quickest as i have no other pc to use and i need one for work

Archived