Corsair Community

Is the problem my Corsair Force Series 3 120 GB?

day1118

Hi guys,

I realize that there are a number of threads about people having issues with this drive, but I wanted to see if anyone can help confirm that the problems I'm having are caused by the SSD and not something else (MB for example!)

I managed to install win 7 without any problems and it all ran great for a little while (I've only had the PC for a week now.) But I noticed that occasionally it would lag or run very slow occasionally. I then started to find that it would lock up for as much as 30+ seconds at a time, but would (generally) recover find and continue operating.

After these lock-ups I would look at the event viewer to find a number (as high as 20 - 30) of errors stating

A performance counter was not loaded.[/Quote] I could not find much about this on google and have no idea what is causing it. (At this point I was assuming fault was MB)

Two days ago it locked up and then blue screened. Upon reboot it would not boot and I found that the PC couldn't see the SSD (I rebooted a number of times.) I unplugged the SSD and then reconnected it, and everything started happily. (Using the same cable and same connection point on MB)

It has just blue screened again, couldn't find the SSD, so I unplugged it, reconnected it, and it all started happily again! (Hence why I now suspect the SSD!)

In the event viewer, I have also found the following error a number of times:

The device, \Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout period.[/Quote]

As well as the following warnings:

Windows (3692) Windows: A request to write to the file "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Windows.edb" at offset 0 (0x0000000000000000) for 32768 (0x00008000) bytes succeeded, but took an abnormally long time (99 seconds) to be serviced by the OS. In addition, 0 other I/O requests to this file have also taken an abnormally long time to be serviced since the last message regarding this problem was posted 0 seconds ago. This problem is likely due to faulty hardware. Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem.[/Quote]

Windows (3692) Windows: A request to write to the file "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Windows.edb" at offset 56492032 (0x00000000035e0000) for 32768 (0x00008000) bytes succeeded, but took an abnormally long time (99 seconds) to be serviced by the OS. This problem is likely due to faulty hardware. Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem.[/Quote]

Windows (3692) Windows: A request to write to the file "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\MSS.log" at offset 439808 (0x000000000006b600) for 512 (0x00000200) bytes succeeded, but took an abnormally long time (102 seconds) to be serviced by the OS. This problem is likely due to faulty hardware. Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem.[/Quote]

The reason I have created another thread with my own problems is because I'm not sure if these are the same problems others are having or not, and I'm not sure whether the issue is the MB or SSD, but on account of these warning and errors thing the SSD is to blame.

In short, my problems are:

1) Blue screen and SSD cannot be detected until I unplug and reconnect the drive

2) Frequent freezing/ lockups for 30-60 seconds

3) Unsure if this matches the problems others are reporting (hence how relevant the advice provided here is - http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=510232#post510232)

4) I have no idea what the 'A performance counter was not loaded.' Error suggests!

Other important info:

- SSD S/N starts with 1124

- I have not tried other cables, but will if issue occurs again

- The MB (Asus P8Z68 V Pro) has both 'Intel SATA 6Gbs' and 'Marvell SATA 6Gbs' connectors. I am using the Intel (and disabled the Marvell) ones as per advice on another forum.

- SSD is running 1.2 firmware, and all other firmware/drivers is up to date (I believe!)

Any thoughts would be much appreciated

Thanks

Anthony

I have the same problem.

Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V Pro

120GB Corsair Force 3 SN: 1123##########

The device, \Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout period.

I average about 2-3 freezes each day. It comes back after 20 - 60 sec usually.

I have the same problem.

Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V Pro

120GB Corsair Force 3 SN: 1123##########

I average about 2-3 freezes each day. It comes back after 20 - 60 sec usually.

I moved my SSD to a Sata 2 port as a temporary fix and have not had the issue since, so this may be an option if you just need a stable system.

Thanks for the link, as I know moving to Sata 2 fixes the problem, I will try moving back to sata 3 with this fix and report here what happens!

Thanks

Let us know if the fix end up working.

Turning of the LPM seems to have stopped the system freezes. Is this a problem with how this drive handles the LPM or a problem with how Intel implemented LPM?

I don't think a user should have to make this manual change to have properly working equipment.

Thanks

I spoke too soon. I just got another error:

I'm going to switch to sata 2 until I hear of a better solution. I don't know what else to do at this point. Very frustrating though... :(:

Archived