Corsair Community

Carbide 500R Ship date?

Warbreed

I saw a post mentioning the 400 was getting tweaked and should ship from China soon, but there was no mention of the 500R which does not seem to be available anywhere. Is there a ship date for this thing? I'm planning to build a new system on the 15th and I really didn't want to change cases.

No its not classified just I do not have any conformation on when and where and who as of yet. But it is in the works is about all I can say.

Is this still in line for a July release date or is it getting pushed back again?

As of Computex (end of May, start of June) the

. It's not clear if those dates reflect the delay due to defects in the early prototypes from China or if the defects present an additional delay. Unless Corsair steps up and says something, we're not going to know until we see see cases or July ends.

It's not clear if the month delay between 400r and 500r is the result of physical constraints (they can't make one until they're done making the other) or artificial staging (they want to watch how the 400 unrolls before introducing the 500). If it's most artificial, they could do the nice thing and release them simultaneously in early August.

My money's on seeing the 400r in about 2 weeks and the 500r in early September.

• Corsair Employees

What is with all of the conspiracy theory's?

These are new cases and at this time all I can tell you would be to look for the press release. What does it say on the press release?

There is no press release because the are not officially released and I have no information on products that are not officially released...

What is with all of the conspiracy theory's?

No conspiracy theories here. Just answering the question about the 500r's slated ship date. It's reportedly August.

I tried to be more helpful by offering some speculation based on my experiences with the hardware industry. I'm not trying to say it's fact, and I'm stating what I'm basing my assumptions on.

There is no press release

In point of fact, there was a press release.

I am sorry but the only information I have is what is listed on the press release, they are in production so I would expect them to start showing up at any time.

Press Release

Carbide 400R

Carbide 500R

Just trying to get some clarification. The press release said June, I thought I saw another report saying July, but the Corsair website now says Q3 2011. That probably isn't fiscal year since that time frame has passed already. I was hoping this would come out soon, since I'm in dire need of a new case to fit my new video card.

Thanks though.

• Corsair Employees
Well we have only just entered in the third quarter, and as I have said they will start showing up anytime. Because of shipping concerns its hard to predict, all I can tell you is what I have already stated they are on the way. For more specifics on an ETA for delivery I would check with your favorite reseller they will have an ETA once the item is booked or available to be listed on their site.

Archived