Corsair Community

Force 3 240 GB BSOD's and Vanishings

gte206w

Well, after all the hub bub, I'm pleased to announce that I'd made several changes to my system such that I've now been running it non-stop for a week without a BSOD already. This is better than what I'd experienced thus far.

I wish I could congratulate or reassure you, but I can't. I've made every recommended change short of changing out major hardware, and felt that I had finally achieved stability. And really, I suppose it's been an improvement. Most recently, I ran for an entire 3 weeks without any BSOD, but just got one on Sunday after that lengthy time. Better than every few days or once a week, but still nowhere near a working product for me.

Perhaps you really have found your own solution though, so in that I wish you good luck.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really? I'm having BSODs with an enthusiast-standard motherboard made by a well-known manufacturer and I should assume otherwise? Do you really think these forums would be as popular as they are if consumers weren't experiencing the problems they were? All the Force 3 threads sure seem pretty popular, don't they? I'm usually one to give the benefit of the doubt almost always, but clearly there is an engineering problem with these drives somewhere in the hardware chain. I'm NOT the only one having these problems. I would feel much differently if I were, attributing this to a quirk within my own system. However, since there is one overarching thread common to all these problems that MULTIPLE individuals are having, i.e. BSODs and missing drives on sleep/reboot, if these drives really were tested prior to product release, then your QA team is completely inadequate at their jobs.

As a QA engineer for unmanned aircraft for over 7 years, I'm well aware of the pressures of product release. It's clear to me what transpired at Corsair behind the scenes.

In your response, you didn't address why Yellowbeard would, in multiple posts, have consumers try various 'fixes' in the attempt to not have their systems hang from sleep or BSOD. What's going to happen once one of your consumers reports a proper hack, I mean fix? See, what bothers me is that despite the massive amounts of people having the same problem, Corsair has not admitted that something is wrong with the engineering or the integration. Instead, the forums are littered with individuals trying various hacks involving cable switches and core voltage changes which are endorsed by the moderators. Seriously? I purchased Corsair products because you guys have a good reputation, but this is ridiculous.

I purchased a rated SATA III drive because of forward upgradeability in the very near future. Based on the advertising claims that this drive is supposed to be fully backwards-compatible with SATA II motherboards, I saw no reason to purchase a SATA II drive only to lose III functionality once I upgraded my system. You post my motherboard's product specs - what's the point in doing that? I freely admit to having SATA II ports which are supposed to be fully backwards compatible with the Force III's SATA III's.

Finally somebody who shares the exact same thoughts as I. The worst part of the support team is, when they can no longer say much or answer, they just don't say anything at all. If you are annoyed, wait till you read this:

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showpost.php?p=521287&postcount=103

I call this BAD MANNERS. To an extent, he is right that I can't make such implications, but I can't because all such inside information only remains with them but I've seen enough threads here. And enough is enough, Corsair needs to do something about this. They advertized a product, and not only is the product not working to specifications, it's not even working properly. This is a complete violation to consumer rights. I did not get what I paid for. Having sold a unit to my client, I'm now facing bad reputation. A disgruntled client means no more future deals and expansion. I demand something done now and immediately and not waiting for SF to come up with a fix. Corsair can take it up with SF for compensation the same way I do for the loss of a customer and many more.

They seem to think that we're a minority and that there are many users that do not have issues. Come to think of it, it is likely possible that many are on IDE mode rather than AHCI, which means TRIM disabled... which is perhaps why not everybody suffers from this issue.

I have been purchasing and true to Corsair for a long time. Take a look at my join date. I've actually been buying Corsair products a lot longer before my join date.

Why do you assume they DIDN'T do testing? Also, you're free to speak your mind on your own experiences, but saying unproven claims will get you nowhere.

Sidenote: Why a SATA III drive on a motherboard with only SATA II ports? http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1156/Maximus_III_Formula/#specifications

How exactly does one prove when the public has no access to Corsair testing labs? (And who'd bother?) Who knows what kind of testing is done? It doesn't MATTER what kind of testing was done, but whatever was done it was certainly NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

So with retrospect to his line of work, say his airplane "BSODs" or "crashes" ... well rather, MANY of his airplanes "BSODs"... whose responsibility is this? What kind of indictment should he receive? None? Can the aircraft company just buy parts from another "chipmaker" and forget all that just happened?

Is it right that the consumers who paid for the goods are the victims?

Archived