Corsair Community

CMX8GX3M2A2000C9 won' t work with right timings ?

Naxx

Hello everyone,

I've got a little yet annoying problem, when i try to set the right timings for my 2 CMX8GX3M2A2000C9 kit, the computer just stops, then boot, stops again over and over again. The timings are currently at 7-7-7-20 1.5 V, if I change any of it, it just stops.

So i' m stuck at 1033 Mhz instead of 2000 which is as you can imagine really frustrating. If anyone has an idea i would be pleased to hear it :)

P.S : I' m kind of new in OC so maybee i' m just an idiot and did something wrong, but even the Asus ROG auto tuning puts the RAM in XMP profile ( which looks perfect but doesn't work either ^^ )

Thanks for your answers

mixing two kits (even the same part#) is not suggested, supported or recommended mainly for this reason.

other than that its a CAS9 kit not 7. the timings are too tight ESPECIALLY when trying to mix kits.

try 9-10-9-27,2T 1.65V as printed on the label.

good luck.

I already tried manual with these timings, XMP profile sets me the same and the Asus Auto Tuning option too so everything want them to run at 9-10-9-27, 2T 1.65 V but they just don' t want to :[pouts:

Maybee I have to change something else in order to make the motherboard accept these timings / voltage ?

The CPU is already overclocked ( core i7 2600 currently working at 4.2 Ghz instead of 3.4 )

Like I said i' m new to OC so anything may help :)

EDIT : here' s what i currently have in CPU-Z

1953509731_MemCPU.jpg.3ae279fd804d8f86add091346c1424f7.jpg

41650731_MemSPD.jpg.88809d31940aec262c48771b59f09a60.jpg

You are probably going to have to back off the overclock to the CPU . It's pretty high and now you are trying to overclock the memory controller that is on the CPU as well.I would set the overclock to your CPU back to default and then try the memory with XMP and see what happens. If it boots fine , THEN you can start messing around with multipliers and getting the CPU up some more. 2000mhz is a pretty hefty memory overclock for your CPU. And since every chip is different you may have one that just may not run that high of a memory frequency along with a CPU OC.

I agree with what peanutz94 says. Back off all of your overclocks and see if your system works fine then with the printed timings. If that's successfull, start upping your cpu bit by bit till you hit its limits. Then reduce your overclock slightly so your comfortably in the safe zone. Dont want anything giving in while your playing any games :biggrin:

Archived