Corsair Community

No response from Customer Service

Holco

I recall seeing a couple of posts from people who (like me) missed out on the current rebate on the Force 3 120 drives. I'm really hoping Corsair will step up and help compensate us "early adopters" who bought a bad drive before the rebate was offered. I know everyone had their own level of inconvenience over this. Mine involved several extra trips across town to my office to do some work in the evenings. Didn't really want to pull the only other HDD I had on hand out of my NAS to get my computer back up. Plus 2 Windows installs a month is all I care to handle. That would have made 3!

My online retailer; newegg.com, said they would not be able to do anything for me & suggested I contact Corsair's customer service. I recall Yellowbeard suggesting the same thing to one of the posters. I emailed CS 2 days ago, politely inquiring about this. I got the "Thank you, someone will respond to your inquiry within 24 hrs", so I know it went through, but no response so far. And for what it's worth, Tech Support sent me an email today that my original drive has been received by the Returns Dept. (RMA#12340520).

No ranting or raving here and I'm not looking for a handout (although a little extra money would go a long way toward that Obsidian I've had my eye on ;):). I'm just wondering if I should give CS another day or two to respond? I can imagine they're a little busy right now. But, it really is frustrating that I paid $239 for a bad product when the new ones (with rebate) are going for $179 now.

Recieved this from CS today. Just FYI for anyone who might be following this thread and wondering if they respond to questions like mine. I can imagine the backlog they must have right now. The communication is appreciated. Will remain patient.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@corsair.com to me

show details 11:46 AM (5 hours ago)

Hello Xxxxx,

We apologize for the delayed response. Our product manager is reviewing this case. You will be notified once we heard back from him. Thank you for your patience.

I would give it a few days and if you don't hear back from them then call them and I am sure they will help you.

Thanks RG. Going to take time off & enjoy the 4th. Providing I still have all my fingers attached, I'll call them later next week if I haven't heard anything. :bomb:

Thought I'd throw a quick post out & put this thread to bed (unintentional late night poetry).

I did get a response from the RMA Service on July 1st offering me a Flash Voyager 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive for my inconvenience. Not quite what I was hoping for, but acceptable. I know many other companies would give me nothing but a "sincere apology". Even though it's selling for just $15-16$ right now, I actually am in need of a flash drive at the moment. Worked out ok for me. Can't say I'll miss the rebate process either! Hopefully others out there who voiced a complaint are receiving fair treatment as well.

Thanks to Yellowbeard and Ram Guy for your help with everything. If you guys ran the mfg dept, there never would have been a problem with Force 3 drives in the first place ;}

Archived