Corsair Community

Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F120GB3-BK

I am looking to replace my P128 SSD with a faster model. I was looking at the Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F120GB3-BK, but know their were issues with them that required hardware and software changes. Newegg has them available but I am not sure if the ones they are selling are the affected model. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233181 Is it safe to purchase this drive? Should I hold off and wait a little longer, or look at another Corsair SSD all together?

I am looking to replace my P128 SSD with a faster model. I was looking at the Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F120GB3-BK, but know their were issues with them that required hardware and software changes. Newegg has them available but I am not sure if the ones they are selling are the affected model. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233181 Is it safe to purchase this drive? Should I hold off and wait a little longer, or look at another Corsair SSD all together?

The ones on Newegg are all supposed to be new 1123+ drives.

I'll confirm that newegg does have the new drives. However, check the threads where people are having problems and see if you have the same hardware as them. If you do then avoid buying it, if ya don't then buy it. :)

thanks for the info and feed back.

I just noticed that the Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F120GBGT-BK is also available for $80 more than the Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F120GB3-BK. The specs are almost identical from what I read on newegg with the exception of the GT being a little faster. Are their other differences between the two that aren't listed? Would I be better off spending the extra money and go with the GT or save the money and go with the regular Force Series 3?

• Corsair Employees

Force 3 is Asynchronous flash where Force GT is Synchronous flash meaning more complex, higher cost to produce, increased performance on uncompressed data ( ATTO shows compressed data where Crystal disk mark will show uncompressed).

I would say it's worth the extra money.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived