Corsair Community

Corsair Force Series 3 - IRST

I recently ordered a 120gig version of the CFS3. I installed Windows 7 and everything seemed to be working fine. The second I try to install Intel's Rapid Storage Technology drivers of any version, my computer soft locks over and over again. Is this an issue with the drive, my computer, the drivers?

--This is also after reinstalling windows several times and trying with and without the IRST drivers.

How important are the IRST drivers for performance? The drive was perfect without them. I seem to be the only person with this problem..

IRST is not a driver, it's an application. Honestly, I don't use it so you should consult Intel to see if it is suitable for you. Please try the steps above before moving onto IRST.

I understand the options, but why would I want to run the SSD without the proper application support? It's like running a motherboard on the discs in the box. Yes it will work, but it won't be as good as it can be.

The options in the application may or may not apply to your setup. As noted, you need to check with Intel to be sure.

Regardless, since you had an issue,

PLEASE USE THE STEPS I OUTLINED ABOVE BEFORE INSTALLING THE RST APP.

You need to eliminate variables in your issue so leave IRST out of it till we make sure you have a good stable drive.

• 3 weeks later...
I spend $200 on a SSD. Said SSD arrives-- doesn't work. I send said SSD back to the company I bought it from. Now I wait 2 weeks for a replacement drive that MAY or may NOT work, with no option for a full refund?

Can we wait until you try the new drive before we move on please?

use msachi driver or intel rst with lpm registry fix. soft locks are caused by lpm that doesn't work properly.

The solution to my problem wasn't acknowledged until after my RMA, which was sent nearly two weeks ago-- and will continue to wait another couple weeks.

Archived