Corsair Community

Force 3 240 GB format issue

Kocodelux

I've got the same problem as mentioned above, though on the 120 gig. It's brand new and from the new batch (1124). I've tried to format it repeatedly and it fails each time. Somehow Windows managed to format it at last, caused by a system freeze and a reboot. When I take the disk to installation of W7 64 bit it fails right after the files have been copied and expanded. I need some help with this, please.

Try a secure erase of the drive, Parted Magic is good for this. There is a HOW TO in our HOW TO section if you need additional information.

After the SE, load the most recent Intel driver when prompted for drivers. Do not manually format, let WIN7 do it. If you have issues with this, post again and we'll assist you.

I finally got around the problem, altough temporarily. First I updated my BIOS, which included some SATA-drivers. This was of little use, so I continued to sweep the forum for solutions and found a couple of people who'd gotten their Force 3 drive to work in SATA-II in wait for a better solution from Corsair. So that's what I did. I plugged my drive to a SATA 3gb and everything worked like a charm.

When I find the energy I'll plug it over to my 6gbit SATA port and see if the drive works. If not I'll ask for more help here. Thanks though!

even when you swap it over to the sata 3 connector you will have the issue with the drive locking up your machine when trying to copy data, i used the 240 gig in testing for OS and just normal data.

i have tested the disk to the point that is near impossible to make it work properly on a sata3 to the standards the disk is suppose to work at, infact i can't even get the disk to work properly at sata2 speeds on the sata3 connector.

Marvel sata3 chipset is just not being friendly :(

Since it seems your Marvel SATA 3 chipset didn't work I tried plugging them into my Intel SATA 3 connectors instead. It worked. I can boot up and the system is stable (for now at least). A benchmark showed me that I'm far from the promised speeds though. I get about half the promised speeds. My current plan is to wait a couple of weeks for new firmware and/or a solution, at which point I will return the drive if not solved and head over to another brand. For the speeds I'm getting I could spend half the money for the same performance on a cheaper drive.

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/9559/ssdbenchmark.png

Yeah thats what i was getting with my 240 when i managed to get it to work for alittle while

far from specifications, the company i purchase whole sale equipment from are refusing to give me a credit.

they said nothing is wrong with the device and said marvel needs to fix the chipset.

seeing i have 2 other sata 3 disks and neither of them are having troubles i seriously doubt marvel will fix this issue for 1 disk.

dont you just love my situation $900 of paper weights on my desk

Having trouble finding an appropriate thread, but just want to let all know that the Force 3 240GB that I received this week was an absolute failure in two Macbook Pro 8.3's that I tried to install it in. Did clean installs, clones of known good drives, etc. Would not boot on either machine, one is a week 8 build and the other a week 21. The only SATA III drive that I have found to be stable in either machine is an M4.

The Force 3 did boot from a Voyager Q using a Firewire 800 cable, but that was as close as I got. Installed in the main drive bay of either machine, it didn't even show up! :mad: Going back to Amazon tomorrow!

BTW, I am NOT trying to trash Corsair! I am PO'd big time with Apple for not acknowledging the failure of their SATA III/6 implementation. I've tried almost every III drive made!

BTW, I am NOT trying to trash Corsair! I am PO'd big time with Apple for not acknowledging the failure of their SATA III/6 implementation. I've tried almost every III drive made!

There was some "fix" involving some of their machines and some aluminum foil for homemade shielding. LMAO......let's see the PC guy and the MAC guy in those commercials discuss that one ::pirate::

Doesn't work. Just got my week 8 build back today with a new flex cable installed. Didn't do anything, nor did the cable shielding kit out there. There is a reason that Apple doesn't offer a SATA III drive on their machines...:bigeyes:

Archived