Corsair Community

Force3 SSD Drive Prep

tambor198

I'm still new to what's going on when it comes to SSDs. My replacement Force3 120 Gb arrives sometime today and when it does I want to install Win 7 on it ASAP. Other than setting the AHCI in the Bios and making sure that Trim support is on in Windows is there anything else that I need to do? Is it necessary to format the drive, and if so what does one use to do that?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :D:

One thing more I should mention is that I'm using a Asus Rampage III Formula which has the Marvell Contoller. I've been reading in some of the threads in the forums that this causing problems. Should I have any concerns?

Try the install first and if you have issues, we'll be happy to assist you.

Set the controller mode to AHCI in the BIOS.

At the page for drive options at the beginning of your OS install, load the correct Marvell driver for your controller. Make sure it is the most recent version.

Do NOT format the drive manually, let WIN 7 format it.

Try the install first and if you have issues, we'll be happy to assist you.

Set the controller mode to AHCI in the BIOS.

At the page for drive options at the beginning of your OS install, load the correct Marvell driver for your controller. Make sure it is the most recent version.

Do NOT format the drive manually, let WIN 7 format it.

Thanks, YB. Appreciate it. :D:

On Asus's website they list Intel Matrix Storage Manager Driver V8.9.7.1001 as the latest version for the Marvel Controller on my motherboard.

Will the Intel Matrix Storage Manager Driver suffice?

That would be for the ICH10R chipset, the "Marvell 9128 Controller Driver V1.0.0.1034 for 32/64bit Windows XP & Windows Vista & Windows 7.(WHQL)" that is listed is the driver for your Marvell controller.

http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1366/Rampage_III_Formula/#download

Well, I got home tonight and the new Force3 120 GB SSD was waiting for me. Bottom line is I still can't install Windows on this drive either. The drive number starts with 1124. Below is the procedure I followed.

1. Powered down computer. Uninstalled old Sata Drive. Connected new Corsair SSD.

2. Disconnected two other Sata drive I have in my computer.

3. Started computer, went into the Bios and set AHCI in the Bios.

4. Booted up on the Win 7 installation Disk.

5. At the Drive Page Options I installed the latest Marvell Controller driver and the clicked Next.

6. The computer just idled for a few minutes with the mouse pointer spinning with that blue spiral.

7. Got this error message first, Error Ox80300025

8. Tried clicking next again and got this error message Ox80300001.

9. Started over and at the Drive Option Page it showed a Drive Partition 01 of a 100 MB.

10. Clicked next and this time I got as far as the Completing Installation and this message occurred.

Setup cannot continue due to a corrupted file. Contact the vendor of your Windows Installation Disk or your System Administrator for assistance.

Question is, what do I do now? :mad:

Hey YB

Just thought you'd like to know that I'm up and running on the replacement drive. Using the suggestions by Kriztjan I was able to get things working properly. I'm now on the Marvell Controller on my Asus board

Two quick questions. What does one use to run some benchies on this new drive and the second is can I enable Quick Boot again, or does it need to stay disabled?

Archived