Corsair Community

CMZ8GX3M2A1866C9 + Gigabyte P55-UD3R please help finetune

Springdale

Hi,

On the above configuration I am currently running my i5 760 @ 4.2GHz with BCLK of 200MHz, memory running at 2000MHz.

At this setting the motherboard sets memory timings to 10-11-10-29-160-1T.

Since 2000MHz is a relatively low overclock compared to the rated 1866MHz, I would like to tighten the timings, but setting them to the rated 9-10-9-27 results in Prime95 rounding errors after a few minutes even after increasing VTT (1.25 to 1.27) and VDIMM (1.50 to 1.55).

Can you please help me finding the best settings for these modules, or should I just leave them since the performance benefit would be marginal?

thanks!

I am sorry but we can only provide the tested settings of any given module set. If you want to over clock them beyond their rated settings you should test the system with http://www.memtest.org to be sure its stable

Thanks for your reply. Aside from the slightly raised frequency, could you please give me the optimal timings and maximum safe voltages for these modules? Also, should the command rate be 1T or 2T?

thanks!

Timings and voltages should be printed o the label of the memory. Other than whats there Corsair cannot/does not provide any other support. As far as command rate goes it should be 2t.

Yes, and I can even check SPD in CPU-Z... Any more useful and specific please?

• Corsair Employees
Don't go over 2.0 Volts for memory Voltage, and for the CPU you have I would not go over 1.65 Volts for memory Voltage, but as far as the memory is concerned the max VDim Voltage is 2.0 Volts

Don't go over 2.0 Volts for memory Voltage, and for the CPU you have I would not go over 1.65 Volts for memory Voltage, but as far as the memory is concerned the max VDim Voltage is 2.0 Volts

Can you confirm that these modules are optimised for 2T command rate? thanks

• Corsair Employees

Well no that is not the case but most of our modules are tested at 2T Command Rate unless other wise stated and I have posted this statement like more then a thousand times.

Command Rate is not really a memory setting and would be dependent on the make and model of MB and PSU and the specific CPU you have installed. You might look this/those setting/'s up on the BIOS Optimization Guide at Techarp and get a better explanation.

Well no that is not the case but most of our modules are tested at 2T Command Rate unless other wise stated and I have posted this statement like more then a thousand times.

Command rate and PSU? Wow... Why do I feel disappointed?

Archived