Corsair Community

My SSD and DVD drive shows in Units and printers????

heindrik

My computer suddenly begin doing this.

And its also in the tray bar, and i can auctually "push out" the SSD drive (even though its not possible). its like its detecting it as a external HDD

http://i55.tinypic.com/qzet75.jpg

You have AHCI enabled. AHCI enables hot swap therefore windows will make it removable. it is normal.

to remove it from the safely remove hardware and media

go to Command Prompt and past this

reg.exe add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\msahci\Controller0\Channel0" /f /v TreatAsInternalPort /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

you will need to change the Controller number and channel for example your Crontroller is on 1 you change "Controller0" to "Controller1"

You have AHCI enabled. AHCI enables hot swap therefore windows will make it removable. it is normal.

reg.exe add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\msahci\Controller0\Channel0" /f /v TreatAsInternalPort /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000001

you will need to change the Controller number and channel for example your Crontroller is on 1 you change "Controller0" to "Controller1"

Hot swap?.

I got a Cooler master Haf X with Hot swap capabillities.

Its neccesary to turn of the computer before Hot swapping HDD's right?

Hot swap?.

I got a Cooler master Haf X with Hot swap capabillities.

Its neccesary to turn of the computer before Hot swapping HDD's right?

No, you don't have to turn off your computer to hot swap. all you do it head over to the bottom safely remove media devices and eject it. then u can take out the ssd.

How do i change the Controller number and channel?

Also. How do i unchange that command again, if it is?.

Archived