Corsair Community

slow Force 3

The Ernst

I have the exact same problem with my Force Series 3 120GB. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R. I've installed the newest drivers and also verified that the SSD is indeed running on SATA 600.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? My Force Series 2 gave me better performance than this.

Tried updating the drivers a second time and it helped a little bit .Atto now gives me a maximum of 400 MB/s while reading and 225 MB/s while writing. AHCI is enabled and drivers and BIOS should be up to date, however the performance is way to low considering it should be >500 MB/s

I have the exact same problem with my Force Series 3 120GB. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R. I've installed the newest drivers and also verified that the SSD is indeed running on SATA 600.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem? My Force Series 2 gave me better performance than this.

Please fill in your complete system specifications into your dropdown menu as requested at registration. It is impossible to assist you properly without them.

Also:

400 MB/s while reading and 225 MB/s while writing

This is much faster on read than a Force2 drive. However, your speeds are about right for the current Marvell controllers. They are not capable of running the Force 3 drives at their full operating specifications. The only chipsets so far capable of this are the P67 - B3, H67 - B3, and Z68 chipsets.

Please fill in your complete system specifications into your dropdown menu as requested at registration. It is impossible to assist you properly without them.

Also:

This is much faster on read than a Force2 drive. However, your speeds are about right for the current Marvell controllers. They are not capable of running the Force 3 drives at their full operating specifications. The only chipsets so far capable of this are the P67 - B3, H67 - B3, and Z68 chipsets.

The AMD 850 chipsets are close in performance to some of the Intel's also.

From what I have read at other forums, it appears that the majority (if not all) of the stability and BSOD issues with the sandforce 2000 controller are with the Intel boards. I don't know if that is the case with Corsair's drives and findings though.

I also don't know much about this other than just reading in a couple of threads about it, nothing official at all and this might wind up being a goose chase . Just saying be cautious - remember the sandybridge recall. Whatever the issue is, it does seem to be elusive at this point.

Archived