Corsair Community

TW3X4G1333C9A and Asus E35M1-I Deluxe

vador

Hello,

I bought an Asus E35M1-I Deluxe motherboard, and on the QVL, there was Corsair 2x2Go XMS3 memory referenced as TW3X4G1333C9G as ok.

I have bought TW3X4G1333C9A memory chips, but it does not work well :

- when I have both chips inserted, boot is random (sometimes I can go to BIOS, other times not), BIOS says only 2048 ram, at 1066MHz

- when only one chip is on, it works ok, at 1333.

Is there a big difference between TW3X4G1333C9A and TW3X4G1333C9G ?

Thanks,

• Corsair Employees

Yes there is a difference the TW3X4G1333C9A part is based on a high density memory IC and some of the older chipsets like this may not be able to see that memory IC properly and you would get a symptom where it only see's half of the density of the module just like what you have described.

I would suggest asking the reseller if they can take these back and order the part with out the A at the end TW3X4G1333C9. That should solve the issue/

Hello,

thanks for your reply.

I have had contact with ASUS support, and they sent me an unofficial BIOS for the CM, which seems to solve the issue.

I've not have had time to test extensively, but it seems good to go.

I will keep you informed if works under stress.

--

Vador

I have had contact with ASUS support, and they sent me an unofficial BIOS for the CM, which seems to solve the issue.

I have the exact same problem and it also seems to be very common, but for me Asus support has not been helpful at all.

Can you give us some information about this new BIOS version or about who you contacted to obtain it?

Thank you!

Archived