Corsair Community

650D and 600T SE hard drive cage compatibility?

riverspiv

I am going to be buying both a 650D and a 600T SE. My question is, are the hard drive cages in both cases the same? One PC will be my primary desktop and probably will only have two drives in it, whereas the other case will be a home server with lots of drives. The idea is that I want to put one of the cages from one case into the other so I can have 9 drives in the home server case.

Is this possible?

Thanks!

the 600t and 650d have 10 drive bays in each.

I don't think you understand the questions TS asks..

Is the HDD-cages identical? Can you use one cage from the 600T on the 650d so you can have a total of 3 hdd-cages (two in the normal place and one on the "floor" ?

but the reason was because he wanted 9 drives in one case for his home server. i was informing him that there are already enough bays to do what he wants without any swapping.

9 drives was just an example for the total with 3 hard drive cages-- I actually will have 12 drives in my setup (if the cages can swap). I was planning on also having a 3 5.25" to 4 3.5" hard drive cage in the top bays, which will allow for a total of 13.

i hope you have a heck of a PSU for your gyroscope server ;):

Hard drives require much less power than do multi GPUs. Check out the Corsair power supply finder and put in 12 hard drives. Keep in mind I won't be overclocking the processor, and I will be using a basic video card. I will only need about a 650W-750W PSU at most.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived