Corsair Community

Are they compatible?

bentod

I ordered a couple sticks of RAM (CMX4GX3M2A1333C8) for a motherboard. The motherboard was DOA and I decided to go to a Asus P8P67 Pro anyway. I am using a Xeon E3-1230 CPU. Does anyone know if the three work together?

I see that CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 and CMV4GX3M2A1333C9 are on the list for this motherboard. I don't really want to do the whole return process if I don't have to.

I am getting the bare minimum RAM for now. It is easy to upgrade later, but my budget is tight.

Todd

I was told that the E3-12xx would work, albeit, on the Toms Hardware forum. Granted, these are well meaning, sometimes ignorant, people who may or may not be professionals - much like myself.

How would I find out for certain? The RAM is a small problem in comparison. But I really like the mobo.

The

You could call ASUS and ask them. It isn't listed as compatible as of now. But a call to them would put that to rest.

As far as the ram goes, i would seriously urge you to buy as much memory as you are planning on ending up with at the end, now. Corsair doesn't recommend mixing kits of memory. Even 2 kits of the exact same memory can be COMPLETELY different and may not work together. If you buy the capacity desired, you are guaranteed to have all the sticks matched and compatible. I can say this is true from first hand experience. But it's up to you if you want to take that chance and maybe have to purchase a complete other set of RAM later on when you decide to upgrade.

I ordered a couple sticks of RAM (CMX4GX3M2A1333C8) for a motherboard. The motherboard was DOA and I decided to go to a Asus P8P67 Pro anyway. I am using a Xeon E3-1230 CPU. Does anyone know if the three work together?

I see that CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 and CMV4GX3M2A1333C9 are on the list for this motherboard. I don't really want to do the whole return process if I don't have to.

I am getting the bare minimum RAM for now. It is easy to upgrade later, but my budget is tight.

It's the same socket, so physically they're compatible, but the BIOS may or may not be.

I can confirm that only those Asus LGA 1155 motherboards with the "WS" in the model name officially supports any of the LGA 1155 Xeons (as I discovered on the Asus Web site). In other words, only the P8P67 WS Revolution (P67 chipset) and the P8B WS (C206 chipset) officially supports any of the Xeons mentioned.

Archived