Corsair Community

Replacement Force 3 120s

tauwyt

Reading through the forums, it appears the issues have NOT been fixed. I received my replacement this week and just had the time to install it this weekend.

I have been somewhat luckier than others in that I CAN install windows; but the it periodically freezes up for minutes at a time and bsods every 6-8 hours or so. I have tried raising the PCH voltage to 1.15v, tried switching to SATA 2.0 controller ports, tried a different SATA cable, and even some of the various registry "fixes" that have been posted. I am currently back on my old 500 gig "regular" drive. I haven't crashed or frozen on this drive in the prior two months I have used it.

While my drive is somewhat more stable than others that have been going out, it is still unacceptable. If we have to RMA this drive twice, we will have all paid nearly $250 for a drive that we can't really use for over a month.

Clearly these drives are not functioning as they should. If the drives aren't fixed extremely soon will Corsair be refunding customers or will we need to deal with the individual retailer we bought it from?

Clearly these drives are not functioning as they should. If the drives aren't fixed extremely soon will Corsair be refunding customers or will we need to deal with the individual retailer we bought it from?

Our intent is of course to get a fix for this working with SandForce. I have no timeline but it is top priority. We aren't going to leave our customers hanging. We will make certain that you are satisficed customers one way or the other.

Does this mean the fix implemented in the 1123 drives didn't work?

:confused:

Correct, the fix didn't "fix" the problem many of us are having.

Technically, there are 2 fixes if you'll read the first post. We implemented a hardware fix at the manufacturing level that solved that specific issue.

Some users, not all users, are having platform + firmware issues with the replacement drives. Many here are using the replacement drives without issue. We are working with SandForce on the current issue.

Technically, there are 2 fixes if you'll read the first post. We implemented a hardware fix at the manufacturing level that solved that specific issue.

Some users, not all users, are having platform + firmware issues with the replacement drives. Many here are using the replacement drives without issue. We are working with SandForce on the current issue.

I'm having the same issue as the poster above but the BSODs stopped after CMOS and voltage increase.

It still freezes up every few hours or so but corrects itself after 2 minutes.

I'm getting 500+ reads and writes so the hardware is fine, it's the controller that's still giving the problem.

I'm sure you'll let us know when Sandforce released a firmware update.

I'm having the same issue as the poster above but the BSODs stopped after CMOS and voltage increase.

It still freezes up every few hours or so but corrects itself after 2 minutes.

I'm getting 500+ reads and writes so the hardware is fine, it's the controller that's still giving the problem.

I'm sure you'll let us know when Sandforce released a firmware update.

I'm going to do a more detailed write up for this but, we have found a couple of things in the lab as we work on this issue. You may have already seen the suggestions to try a different cable for your SSD. Additionally, we have seen an improvement in some cases where we tried a shorter cable. I realize that this may not be a long term fix but, it may help with stability until we can fully nail this down.

Archived