Corsair Community

Questions about H60

maxtor

I'm getting a H60 soon so I have several questions.What fan sockets does the H60 use? Here's what my motherboard has:

http://i.imm.io/6P0x.jpeg

Does anyone have an idea how the H60 performs in relative high ambient temperatures? 30°C/90°F. Thanks!

Hi,

According to the manual for the H60, they recommend plugging the pump into the cpu fan and the radiator intake fan into the cha fan plug.

As far as the temps go it all depends on what set-up you are running.

For my 2600k yesterday OC'd to 4.5ghz 1.29 v-core it was up to 85 inside my house and I never topped 60c on prime testing, idle was around 30c

Yes, but in the mounting post on the blog it says that

For power to the pump, be sure to use a header that supplies a continuous and uninterrupted 12v.

So, the CPU Smart FAN Control for the CPU header should be set to Disabled so it gets no speed control and full power.

Also, does the fan have a 4-pin or 3-pin connector?

Yes, but in the mounting post on the blog it says that

So, the CPU Smart FAN Control for the CPU header should be set to Disabled so it gets no speed control and full power.

Also, does the fan have a 4-pin or 3-pin connector?

I manually set my pump to go 100% in my Bios. I believe the fan has a 3 pin, I am not at home right now to look but fairly sure it's 3.

edit: I re-read the blog and it says it just doesn't suggest using a normal fan output, I believe the CPU_fan delivers the needed voltage. If you have doubts buy a molex adapter and hook it directly to your PSU.

Thanks!

• Corsair Employees

You have that backwards the fan for the H-60 should be plugged into the CPU fan header and the Pump should be on the power Fan or chassis fan header

And with that high of room temp you will need to watch your CPU temp especially if you load the system and I would suggest all the fans your case will hold.

You have that backwards the fan for the H-60 should be plugged into the CPU fan header and the Pump should be on the power Fan or chassis fan header

And with that high of room temp you will need to watch your CPU temp especially if you load the system and I would suggest all the fans your case will hold.

Hi Ram_Guy,

Someone probably needs to put that clarification on the "how-to" blog post. If you go look at it again there is a paragraph referring to where to plug in and directly below it shows it being plugged into the CPU_Fan header. I realize this picture may be intended to illustrate the location of the radiator fan but it could definitely be misleading :)

I have recently changed to a H60 on my setup - I completely rebuilt my rig using a Fractal Design R3 case. I have a Phenom II X4 overclocked a little to 3.8GHZ

I think air flow in the case is key to good temps - its summer here in the UK and the room my PC in has ambient temp around 28-30 degrees over the last few days and on idle Im seeing temps of 30-34 which Im guessing are not too bad. Ill be interested to see what happens when the temps drop off.

I tried a few set ups and now have a Push / Pull setup - I replaced the fan with a pair of Excaliburs running at around 75% to give similar figures to the corsair stock fan - but I do now have it set as an exhaust rather than blowing loads of hot air in and the temps are only around 1 or 2 degrees higher (probably because I have 3 fans blowing air in and 2 x 140 roof exhausts to keep the case temps right down). problem I had the other way around was that my other components - particularly the GPU were heating up.

All in all I'm pretty pleased so far with the results.

Archived