Corsair Community

SSD Force 3 1123\1124 - Fixed, really?

klepper

I filed for an RMA the day it was recalled, and shipped my drives back in. In exactly one week from that date, I got the "new" drives. . . That were made in Taiwan...

Really?

Did anyone else think that was a bit too fast? Okay, find the problem, easy. Announce recall. Fix the problem, what overnight? Okay, I'll give you that one. Sent the corrected engineering whatever back to the factory in Tawain, start kicking out new drives, let's say that's instantaneous as well. Then what, tens of thousands of "new & fixed" drives are magically appearing in California overnight via jet instead of the 30 days it takes from factory door to door from Taiwan to CA via boat, ready for shipment the next day?

Really?

Even if they did the jet route, that would still take a few days, and yet they had the 1123's.... it seems the day of the recall or one day after, because that's when they shipped mine out. How convenient -eh?

It's becoming very evident that they just sent everyone the next revision, not an actual fix. Why else would they be "still working on it" meaning, they never fixed it in the first place properly. As the forums provide testament to.

Changing the PVC Voltage or changing SATA cables or changing ports doesn't do anything & resetting the bios and wiping the drives, re-installing windows (don't restore a mirror ! That would be faster), getting everything set up just as you like it doesn't do anything, it's just phenomenally time consuming, very annoying, and gives them more a lot time to stall, delay try and figure it out. I admit turning it off and turning it on "trying it again" works with most computer things, but not when there is bad hardware.

Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining, don't tell me it's fixed when it's not. Don't replace the drives with drives with the "new number" hoping that'll convince me you've fix the problem. I'm not really pissed, sure it drops out of RAID and crashes 1 time a day at best, but it comes right back online. If I keep shutting down every few hours, that seems to work well. Otherwise I would be angry, and I would RMA the drives, but... replace what for what? ANOTHER set of "still working on it, here's 1125, try it" drives? I can hobble along like this for a while.

I know I know, Yellowbeard, they are working on it very feverishly. I know I know they were REAL new drives not new just stickers, I know I know you really did have the new drives re-engineered, manufactured and overnighted in 1 day around the world. You're great Yellowbeard, what a refreshing treat from the prototypical corporate silence.

Great post.

I think the revision fixed the hardware issue, but the SF controller still sucks.

The controllers disappears like you said after a few hours, and BSOD. Drive disappears from BIOS.

Shut down, restart, drive re-appears.

We just have to wait in the new firmware instead of trying to stabilize the controller.

I cleared CMOS and up the PCH voltage to stabilize the controller/port and every thing seems fine for the moment.

Any thing past that is just jumping through hoops.

Without computer building knowledge, this would be a nightmare.

Sandforce is screwing everyone's right now, even the competitors of Corsair. I put the blame on SF.

I filed for an RMA the day it was recalled, and shipped my drives back in. In exactly one week from that date, I got the "new" drives. . . That were made in Taiwan...

Really?

Did anyone else think that was a bit too fast? Okay, find the problem, easy. Announce recall. Fix the problem, what overnight? Okay, I'll give you that one. Sent the corrected engineering whatever back to the factory in Tawain, start kicking out new drives, let's say that's instantaneous as well. Then what, tens of thousands of "new & fixed" drives are magically appearing in California overnight via jet instead of the 30 days it takes from factory door to door from Taiwan to CA via boat, ready for shipment the next day?

Really?

Even if they did the jet route, that would still take a few days, and yet they had the 1123's.... it seems the day of the recall or one day after, because that's when they shipped mine out. How convenient -eh?

It's becoming very evident that they just sent everyone the next revision, not an actual fix. Why else would they be "still working on it" meaning, they never fixed it in the first place properly. As the forums provide testament to.

Changing the PVC Voltage or changing SATA cables or changing ports doesn't do anything & resetting the bios and wiping the drives, re-installing windows (don't restore a mirror ! That would be faster), getting everything set up just as you like it doesn't do anything, it's just phenomenally time consuming, very annoying, and gives them more a lot time to stall, delay try and figure it out. I admit turning it off and turning it on "trying it again" works with most computer things, but not when there is bad hardware.

Don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining, don't tell me it's fixed when it's not. Don't replace the drives with drives with the "new number" hoping that'll convince me you've fix the problem. I'm not really pissed, sure it drops out of RAID and crashes 1 time a day at best, but it comes right back online. If I keep shutting down every few hours, that seems to work well. Otherwise I would be angry, and I would RMA the drives, but... replace what for what? ANOTHER set of "still working on it, here's 1125, try it" drives? I can hobble along like this for a while.

I know I know, Yellowbeard, they are working on it very feverishly. I know I know they were REAL new drives not new just stickers, I know I know you really did have the new drives re-engineered, manufactured and overnighted in 1 day around the world. You're great Yellowbeard, what a refreshing treat from the prototypical corporate silence.

I understand that you are one of many frustrated customers and your frustration is completely justifiable. But, keep in mind our forum rules and the fact that this forum is not here for you to abuse the staff or take out your frustrations on us on a personal level. Quite frankly, I do not appreciate you calling me or my company liars and insinuating that we are out to intentionally cheat our customers. We are going to make this right so please bear with us.

And just FYI, your timeline above is completely wrong and your logic is flawed.

Archived