Corsair Community

Questions for 650D owners

skydykker

Hello

I just ordered some corsair products in particular H80 which should hopefully come out next week, AX 850 and a 650D case.

but I am getting a bit nervous about my cabinet choice after reading this forum, it seems that there are several problems with this product, it is something I should worry about?

People are talking about broken fan controls and poor construction that means I need to cut the front mesh?

I would be glad if someone could explain or clarify theese issues ::pirate::

If you'd follow other topics from the first post you'd be aware of every single problem.. I will make it short : People including myself have weird whining noises coming out of the front intake.. this is as other people say something that has to do with the way the fan is intaking air.. the problem is resolved with an extra 25 dollars spent on a CM megaflow fan.. but who in world wants to spend 25 dollars on a case that you spent 200 dollars on and expect to be a very decent, quiet case.. in here its not the case. another way to resolve this is to cut out the front mesh but why void your warranty? corsair is the one that should be providing those cut out kits and I am not spending another 20 bucks in home depot to cut something out.. so corsair should either provide different structure fans, cut out kit for the mesh or something that gets the fan as far away as possible from the front mesh..

The 650 may not be entirely perfect but what case is? But in my humble opinion it is absolutely the best platform for a gaming PC build. And also realize that actually very few people are complaining about anything other than the original defective fan controller. The case is beautiful and I am 110% satisfied with my purchase. Remember also that this is a customer service forum and most people on forums come to bitch.

The 650 may not be entirely perfect but what case is? But in my humble opinion it is absolutely the best platform for a gaming PC build. And also realize that actually very few people are complaining about anything other than the original defective fan controller. The case is beautiful and I am 110% satisfied with my purchase. Remember also that this is a customer service forum and most people on forums come to bitch.

^This. It's an absolutely awesome case to work with.

most people on forums come to bitch.

I come on the forum to bitch ? I come on the forum to make people aware of the defects this case has I never said everything about this case is bad and its an absolute fail.. the only fail part about this case is the front intake that requires you to spend more $$$ than you already spent (200) to get rid of the annoying sounds.

I come on the forum to bitch ?

That's not exactly what I meant to say and I for sure wasn't trying to call you out specificlly. I should have worded it differently like, most people on a forum such as this come to discuss issues they may have with the product not sing it's praises.

• Corsair Employees
Okay lets stay focused and skydykker you are the O.P. So we will normally only follow your or the O.P posts. You have to keep in mind we are selling a large number of these cases and yes there are a few that have had problem and we and or will do our best to work those issues out should someone have an issue. So please take whats posted here with a grain of salt and let me know if you do have an issue and we will do our best to get it worked out!

The noise of the front fan is a very faint whine like the noise. The majority of people will just live with it because the case is usually quieter than the previous case they had before, or you just won't hear it when you are gaming.

I have the noise too in my case. The case is a lot quieter than my wife's case which I can hear over the whine so again, it's not something most people will complain about.

I will say that the 650D is a great case and I would buy one for the wife if I could afford another right now. She might have to be satisfied with the 500R :)

Nahaz

People like me that have sensitive hearing where when I listen to a song I can hear every single music instrument playing on its own will be annoyed by this noise, whenever i forget to turn off my tv and go to sleep 3 rooms away i can hear every single word when its volume level isnt high at all, My Haf X was more silent.. what is required for this case to be silent replacing your fans.. meaning buying after market ones especially if you are annoyed by whining noise.. right now my case is pretty much silent unless i am gaming which causes video card noise but thats understandable

yeah i must say ive had mine a while now and i love it. easily the best case ive owned. i havent experienced issues with the built in fan controller as i chopped all of the wires off from inside. i use an aftermarket fan controller and even the stock 200mm fan is whisper quiet.

I have had the 650D since March 2011 and love it. I know about the whine noise, but I only hear it when I remove the intake filter. With the filter on, I just hear quiet fan noise. The case is great. Well constructed. Good cable management. Lots of space.

Archived