Corsair Community

Corsair Force 3 is Junk

aleiro

Second Force 3 120gb in two weeks (first one was 1122xx). Received an 1123 and cant even get through the windows 7 installer... Sorry guys gave you a second chance and still couldn't fix the problem.

For reference I have a p67 UD7-B3. And no, pushing up the PCH voltage doesnt do anything. It will only crash the drive when installed as a storage volume. This will be the last product I purchase from this company.

* I also noticed the serial in the bios was an 1122 (another thread mentioned it), so Im thinking Corsair reboxed the drives. Bad for business.

Mine is a 1123 and I'm also having trouble with Win7 installation. I'm willing to exchange it as many times as it takes, I don't care if its 10 times, just as long as I finally get a good one. I say just stick with it, Corsair's customer service is good and I don't think they will ditch us (let's hope).

I've been a loyal Corsair customer for about 7 years now. If they are going to avoid this situation, let's hope they understand the power of the internet and what we can do to them.

I understand your situation, I'm also really frustrated...

Give them some time.

Second Force 3 120gb in two weeks (first one was 1122xx). Received an 1123 and cant even get through the windows 7 installer... Sorry guys gave you a second chance and still couldn't fix the problem.

For reference I have a p67 UD7-B3. And no, pushing up the PCH voltage doesnt do anything. It will only crash the drive when installed as a storage volume. This will be the last product I purchase from this company.

* I also noticed the serial in the bios was an 1122 (another thread mentioned it), so Im thinking Corsair reboxed the drives. Bad for business.

The serial in the bios is a digital one. your drive is an 1123 one and it was not re boxed. they have updated the firmware. have you tried the SATA 3GB ports to see if it works?. there is problems with the drive on SATA 6GB port and Corsair and Sandforce are still trying to solve the issue.

The serial in the bios is a digital one. your drive is an 1123 one and it was not re boxed. they have updated the firmware. have you tried the SATA 3GB ports to see if it works?. there is problems with the drive on SATA 6GB port and Corsair and Sandforce are still trying to solve the issue.

Yes the drive works on SATA 2, but I didnt purchase a drive to run at 275 read and write. If that was the case I would have bought an F120. The most irritating part is the fact that they said the issue was fixed and its like they did literally NO testing to verify that the drive would run at its rated speed. If no one can get it to work how are they shipping 'fixed' drives.

Little update to my earlier post. I have been using the drive as a storage drive on the SATA 2 port and every four to six hours it will freeze and become inaccessible. So I'm left with a paper weight....

Yeah, these drives don't work. Replacing them doesn't work. And now, I can't return them because I bought them from Newegg and have opened it.

Quite an expensive paperweight...

Anyone here interested in Class Action...? We can go into talks. Please PM

I understand that you are frustrated but DO NOT repeat this in our forum. This is absolutely NOT TRUE and we do not cheat our customers. This is the only warning I'll give.

This digital serial number has NOTHING to do with this issue. That number relates to an ENTIRELY different phase of the manufacturing process and is NOT the number you need to reference. The serial number on the label is the number that matters.

Corsair has vowed to make certain that we resolve this issue. We are working feverishly with SandForce. We will make certain that all of our customers that have these issues will be satisfied. Please just give us a bit of time. There's no need for lawsuits and I would appreciate the chatter about that stopping out in "public" here.

I understand that you are frustrated but DO NOT repeat this in our forum. This is absolutely NOT TRUE and we do not cheat our customers. This is the only warning I'll give.

This digital serial number has NOTHING to do with this issue. That number relates to an ENTIRELY different phase of the manufacturing process and is NOT the number you need to reference. The serial number on the label is the number that matters.

Corsair has vowed to make certain that we resolve this issue. We are working feverishly with SandForce. We will make certain that all of our customers that have these issues will be satisfied. Please just give us a bit of time. There's no need for lawsuits and I would appreciate the chatter about that stopping out in "public" here.

The worst part about this situation is you pull the drives and reissue drives that still do not work. Did the vendor or Corsair even test these drives? If you had a decent QA program you would have found that there was a problem. The two drives I have had simply do not work on a SATA 3 controller. Hint for next time guys: Dont pull a product and begin selling it again until you have tested it.

Lastly, Im sending the drive back to Newegg for an Intel 510.

The worst part about this situation is you pull the drives and reissue drives that still do not work. Did the vendor or Corsair even test these drives? If you had a decent QA program you would have found that there was a problem. The two drives I have had simply do not work on a SATA 3 controller. Hint for next time guys: Dont pull a product and begin selling it again until you have tested it.

Lastly, Im sending the drive back to Newegg for an Intel 510.

We are very sorry you had a bad experience with our product. We hate to lose a customer this way. ::pirate::

Archived