Corsair Community

Asus M4A77TD not posting with new memory

ImBeingMe

hiya :) I use an ASUS M4A77TD motherboard with the Corsair

CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 (2x2gb) memory modules. Recently, I scored a good deal on CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 (2x4gb) so I decided to toss them in my system. When I first turned the computer back on, the system did not post. I was confused, since the old RAM was still in the computer, it should at least post.

Since the computer works fine with the 2x2gb setup, I am confused as to why it won't even post if there's even one of the other sticks in the computer. Why would this happen? Is there something I need to configure somewhere first in order to get this to work?

I was confused, since the old RAM was still in the computer, it should at least post.

Nope! You have two totally different sets of memory in there now. Use one or the other. But since you know the computer works with the old, remove it and install just the new and see what happens.

• Corsair Employee
With only the new modules install I would try and clear the MB BIOS then see if it will post and let you into BIOS and load setup defaults. You may have to test the modules one at a time to be sure one is not failing.

Archived