Corsair Community

Force 3 Issues

jayzala

I just got a 1123xxxx serial numbered drive from Newegg today and experiencing problems with it (unstable install of OS, and unstable boot to windows).

Not sure what is going on with these drives, are you sure the 1123xxxx numbered drives are fixed? I just submitted an RMA...

Please don't spam multiple threads with the same post. Confine your troubleshooting to this thread. ::pirate::

Also, please fill in your system specifications into your dropdown menu as requested at registration. It's impossible to troubleshoot without your system specifications.

Alright, I'm actually putting the SSD in another computer now and seeing if it installs fine, and its fine so far. Gonna keep searching forums and trying new things. (raising PCH voltage to 1.15v?)

Sorry for the freak out, just been working on this for about 6hrs today.

Thanks for your prompt response.

Alright, I'm actually putting the SSD in another computer now and seeing if it installs fine, and its fine so far. Gonna keep searching forums and trying new things. (raising PCH voltage to 1.15v?)

Sorry for the freak out, just been working on this for about 6hrs today.

Thanks for your prompt response.

No worries man, were I on your end of this deal I'd feel the same way. I'll look back in on your thread later in the evening. ::pirate::

I'm on SATA2 and IDE now and it's fine.

Seems like SATA3 is the problem. Last time I was on SATA3, on IDE, it was highly unstable, and on ACHI, it didn't even detect my drive.

Not sure what to do. Gonna check BIOS version and clear CMOS as other thread suggests.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts about this.

Thanks

Alright, I give up, tried installing Win7 at least 15 times today but never could finish on SATA3.

Updated BIOS to latest revision (mine was 2 old)

Tried installing on SATA2, then switching to SATA3 (no work)

Tried loading F6 drivers w/ Win7 at install on SATA3 (no work)

Cleared CMOS (no work)

Works fine w/ SATA2 ports in IDE.

SATA3 doesn't work in ACHI or IDE. Highly unstable.

Let us know what's up the start of next week. I'll hold off on RMA-ing until we hear.

Thanks

EDIT: while typing this, I attemped to install it once more, and now Win7 doesn't even detect my drive....hm.

If you just happen to get into the mood again, try this.

Clear CMOS on the board.

Secure erase the SSD. Parted Magic is a good tool.

And try either IDE or AHCI mode on a SATA2 port for a clean install.

This may get you to the point that you can actually use this drive until we come up with a fix for you.

Archived