Corsair Community

Questions on TX750W

Tech Tweaker

1. Is it normal to have no output to -5V when testing this PSU with a power supply tester? I thought I'd ask because I tested mine today and the -5V light didn't light up, but normally does with all of my other power supplies. Also, I notice that there is a wire missing from the ATX power cable and was wondering if the two were related.

2. Should it concern me that my TX750W is only showing an output of 11.3-11.4V on the 12V rail when in CPU-Z, HWMonitor, SpeedFan, and in my BIOS' power section?

• Corsair Employees

The ATX spec for ATX 2.03-ATX 2.3 and newer does not have -5 Volts.

And please take a picture of your BIOS and post it so we can see what you BIOS shows.

If you can I would check the PSU on another MB before you jump to any conclusions, but the MB will control the voltage to some extent so it may be normal for that MB.

The ATX spec for ATX 2.03-ATX 2.3 and newer does not have -5 Volts.

And please take a picture of your BIOS and post it so we can see what you BIOS shows.

If you can I would check the PSU on another MB before you jump to any conclusions, but the MB will control the voltage to some extent so it may be normal for that MB.

Ah, didn't know that. I guess that would explain the lack of output for that one.

I was apparently incorrect, it seems my bios doesn't provide a reading for 12V for some reason, only +5V, +5VSB, and 3.3V.

I have now tested it with a digital multimeter, the 12V output is just fine. It never went below 12.26V even under full load running prime95.

I'm actually impressed by just how well it holds a given voltage, the entire time all the further it went was .01V, going from 12.26 to 12.27V.

Archived