Corsair Community

h50 help

madbrax

i just installed a h50 in my HP.. see mb details

I boot up the system and i get a "no system fan" error and the pc shuts down

on my mb i have 2-3pin fan connections .. on the h50 1 connection is 3 pin and the otheris 4 pin.. please someone help years of pics and videos are at stake..

Before you ask ..yes i tried switching the 2 connections..

I do not feel the pump running .. but i dont know if i should feel it ...

i forced the pc to boot checked the cpu temps and they were running about 120 and 105 (dual core) very hot .. somethings not right

pump should create some buzzing noise when it works. also u need to run ur pump at full speed of 1300rpm. so make sure you plug the pump header into the one that does not have pwm function (you prob dont want to plug this in cpu fan header as most of them have pwm). if that still doesn't work, reseat ur cooler as it may not be making a good contact with the cpu

thanks youngd, i forced a reboot with "no fan detected" error, the pc is running at 42c-44c.. With the temp at those levels the punp has to be functioning???correct?? the only 2 options for connections on the Mobo are cpu fan and sys fan.

with only those 2 connections available ... what would you plug where?

how do I see the fan speed or pump speed? I do not see the info in BIOS, its limited bios thanks to hp..

Also, i tried to use speedfan and it does not detect a fan.. ?

i would plug pump fan to sysfan, and 120mm fan to cpu fan.

I think ur pump is working fine but your computer temp also depends alot on what your room temperature is. on average inside ur case is 10 degrees higher than ur room temp.

so if ur room temp is 30c ur computer can idle at 40-42c

I have the H50 installed on my processor and the pump does not get reconized by the system.. Do you think I could

Wire the pump directly to the power supply 12v connection and use the old processor fan plugged to the mobo as an exaust fan?

Is this a good option?

Another quick question.. My mobo only has 2 3pin fan connections.. The fan h50 has a 4 wire connection with the 4th wire being blue.. I assume the blue wire is a 5v control wire.. Can I splice that blue wire into one of tre 5v connections off the power supply?

Please help I have to go out of town today and my wife needs this pc up and running.

Thanks everyone for your help!

try plugging the pump directly to psu molex if you have those 3 to 4 pin adapters. then touch the pump to see if its working. Are you sure your fan headers are enabled in the bios? I know you can disable these by setting them on "ignore"

Archived