Corsair Community

Corsair Force Series 3 Macbook Pro 13 2011

logix88

Hi, I have a Macbook Pro 13" (Early 2011) i5 2.3Ghz. I was wondering if Corsair Force Series 3 would be compatible... I know they had some issues recently and have been fixed. Has any one installed these on their machines? any reviews?

I have a brand-new MacBook Pro 17" and I have been unable to get it to recognise my Force 3 120 GB SSD. It's just not going to happen so I've given up. I guess I'll put the SSD in my other desktop computer.

Regards

Kraznet

I have a brand-new MacBook Pro 17" and I have been unable to get it to recognise my Force 3 120 GB SSD. It's just not going to happen so I've given up. I guess I'll put the SSD in my other desktop computer.

Regards

Kraznet

Did you format the SSD using Disk Utility on the Mac OS DVD prior to attempting installation?

If you don't format first, the Mac will assume that there is no drive present.

There shouldn't be an issue using the Force 3 because it's SATA III and the new 2011 MacBook Pro's support SATA III.

Did you format the SSD using Disk Utility on the Mac OS DVD prior to attempting installation?

I couldn't format it because the disk utility on the DVD didn't find it. So there was nothing for it format. Anyway I swapped the Corsair out with a ******** 3 and the disk utility immediately recognised it and I installed Snow Leopard no problems. So Snow Leopard seems to run fine on the ******** 3

Since then though I've been going through hell trying to install Windows 7 using Boot Camp. I'm trying to set up a dual boot Snow Leopard/Windows 7 setup. I've attempted multiple times today and I either get an error right at the end of the install or when I do manage to boot into Windows it freezes and I can't get back in.

Regards

Kraznet

Since then though I've been going through hell trying to install Windows 7 using Boot Camp. I'm trying to set up a dual boot Snow Leopard/Windows 7 setup. I've attempted multiple times today and I either get an error right at the end of the install or when I do manage to boot into Windows it freezes and I can't get back in.

Regards

Kraznet

This also happened to me. Have you replaced the factory ram? I found that not using the original Apple ram can sometimes cause issues with OS installation. Try putting the original ram back in and then do an OS install.

Archived