Corsair Community

Damaged 800D

Exburn

Hi! Is it possible to replace damaged parts on my 800D case?

Got mine today and I got two major holes on the back panel+alot of scratches.

-3 major holes on the top panel

All the PCi filter/plates are missing /should be 7:(

and two of the hot-swap DVD-drive-tools are missing.

RMA has not answered with the maximum of 24 hours that's written on the site. 2-3 has gone by now

Also, I must ask, if this is possible, is it also possible to buy one of those SATAIII (6gbps) upgrade kits and get it on the same ship?

Thanks,

Exburn

• Corsair Employees
When you filled out the RMA form did you enter you address and phone number? Please post your case number and I will check it for you but with out that information there is nothing we can do.

Can I ask what you did to get things sorted out?

Thanks for reply mack33 and thanks Ram Guy that you are on these forums and help people out.

I really appreciate it.

For Ram Guy:

Just realised that the top panel might be a little hard to replace... It's attached with those pop rivets...

Sad to hear about your case mack33:( Corsair seems like a very proffesional company with quality taken to the limits:) Everything is so well done, but there is always room for mistakes every now and then:P

They seemed to sort it out for you, so that's good news for me:)

Might post some pics tomorrow

I do not recomend this case on my website as it is nothing more than a sweat box and I really think that Cosair should go backto the drawing board with this case.

I think these things happen once in a while with any company. I for one, LOVE the 800D and would recommend it to anyone who is planning a nice build with possible water cooling in the future. I plan to use my 800D for the next 10+ years. It is just a phenomenal case. I really can't see myself ever working with any other case after being spoiled by the 800D

Ram Guy, I still haven't got any response from Corsair. Would be great if I could get confirmed that they are working with it.

Mack33, it's a great case even though the air cooling isn't at its best, but I will make it my first water cooled build later I think.

• Corsair Employees

The damage really looks like shipping damage and have you spoke to the reseller? If they will not or cannot help you then you can contact our customer service and see what they can do to help with this.

I have sent them a message to see what can be done but you may need to call them by phone and email your pictures to jackflash@corsairmemory.com

Ram Guy, got this message from Corsair now:

Corsair Technical Support has sent you a message regarding Case #2114612

----------------------------------

This message is to inform you that Technical Support advises that you request an RMA for your support case. We have investigated your support case in detail, and have deemed this to be the best course of action.

Please click the link below to go directly to the RMA Request form.

Then a Link:

Once your RMA # has been assigned you will receive more information via email.

An additional comment was sent with the RMA Advisory: We cannot process any requests with out your shipping and or contact informationThank You!

So I clicked the link and sent them more info, but can you find out what they are doing and if I must pay for side panel/top panel?

Also got this mail:

Dear Valued Customer,

Your RMA request was received on 6/27/2011 11:38:36 AM.

We will review this request as soon as possible, and respond to you with an RMA number or further suggestions/requests.

Thank You!

, but still wondering whats going on at this moment:)

-Exburn

Got response from them, thanks though:)

But it seems like they are sending me a brand new case? Why is that? I just wanted to pay to get replacement parts for it.. Feels to much to get a brand new case sent, having a hard time accepting it:/ It's too much, and it seems like they don't want any payment.

Really kind though:/, not complaining, but I think it's too much since I already bought the case.

• Corsair Employees
Some parts are just not available and the only way is to just replace the case, and because of shipping costs they may just send a replacement case and not ask for the other one back..

Oh... Feels really strange, but I'm happy though:) Will recommend you to everyone around me as a little thanks since I'm not paying for this.. :)

I'm also a beginner on casemoding and are about to finish my first mod (not the best one though, but once have to be the first.. ) The 800D might be my next project and first with watercooling.

Will write a special thanks to corsair for great customer service if my 800D is my next mod (with a giant Corsair logo too!)

Thanks for exceptional help too Ram Guy, have really appreciated it. Also you can tell customer service that they are not answering during their maximum time of 24 hours:P

Archived