Corsair Community

PSU Issue?

Kaeotik

I own a CMPSU-1000HX power suppy. The base system specs are:

Asus Rampage II Extreme

Core I7 - 965XE

I've never had an issue with my system and have been a system builder for 12+ years. I decided to upgrade from my GTX 295 to (2) GTX 580's in SLI. Installed the new video cards, power everything on, no issues. Even played Bad Company 2 for the evening and ran Futuremark 11 DX11 tests. No problems and ran perfectly.

I get home from work the following day, go to turn on the computer and the PC powers on for a second then immediately off. I thought potentially a grounding issue. So I decided to remove part by part until I was down to just the basics then determined it was not a grounding issue.

If I turn off the switch in the back of the psu, then turn it on, then press the power button on the front of the case sometimes I get lucky powering on the PC then it runs fine. However sometimes it can take up to 8 or so switch resets before the system will actually post. It just seems the initial power on is now being tempermental. Any ideas? Is the PSU beginning to fail? I've tried both 12v rails with the same results.

Archived