Corsair Community

Can't find my system in memory finder

Morbidos

I'm looking for the best ram for the Asus Crosshair IV Extreme but it's not listed in the memory finder so i was looking at the QVL but nothing special was in there.. the card supports DDR3 1866 when running a 4 core AMD cpu so i headed over to your site but cant fin 1866... is this the same as PC3-19200 (2400MHz) ?

For AMD these days, I'd suggest a set of 1600s and aim for lower latencies. AMD memory controllers can hit higher speeds than 1600 these days but it's hit and miss.

So, what you could do is buy a 2000C8 kit and tune it down to some lower latencies at 1600. Then, if you really wanted to tweak, you could slowly creep it up from 1600 and find your "sweet spot". Or, you could just buy a 1600C8 kit, use those timings, and keep it simple.

2000C8

1600C8

• 1 month later...
For AMD these days, I'd suggest a set of 1600s and aim for lower latencies. AMD memory controllers can hit higher speeds than 1600 these days but it's hit and miss.

So, what you could do is buy a 2000C8 kit and tune it down to some lower latencies at 1600. Then, if you really wanted to tweak, you could slowly creep it up from 1600 and find your "sweet spot". Or, you could just buy a 1600C8 kit, use those timings, and keep it simple.

2000C8

1600C8

The new AMD Bulldozer (FX) chips are supposed to support 1866mhz memory, will the Corsair Memory Configurator show this?

Archived