Corsair Community

Force 3 problem

fvbarc

Today i buy F120GB3-BK (revisioned version s/n 1124003031579) and i try to run on my desktop pc in order to compare performances with my 120Gb ssd SATA3 (sandforce SF 2582 controller) not corsair.

I'm am not able to install SO :evil:

System freezes during the installation

SO is Win 7 64bit

My mobo has sata3 marvell controller

On my notebook which has SATA 3 native support i've no problem installing Win7.

The other SSD runs perfecly both notebook and desktop, the Corsair one only on notebook; any issue with intel X58+Marvell controller?

Try running the Force 3 drive on the non Marvell based controller and see if it functions correctly (plug it into Sata 2 controller and see if the issues goes away).

why? the other ssd with the same sand force controller runs correctly both on pc with marvell controller and on an intel HM65 chipset notebook; the corsair one runs correctly (with no problem) only on my Intel HM65 chipset notebook

Also, try a different SATA cable. We are seeing issues with bad cables. If that fails, try increasing your PCH voltage to 1.15v.

the cable is a certified 6Gb/s certified one and it works perfect with the other sata 6Gb/s sand force ssd :(:

Please try the voltage tweak. Also, what is the make and model number of your other SSD? (the word filter may block the name but please use and abreviation if needed)

We have no problem at all replacing the drive if it's not working properly.

OC ver 3

i don't think that the corsair one should be replaced, because on notebook it runs very well. I think that the problem is firmware (ver. 1.2)

I' ll use it on notebook and the other one on desktop

OC ver 3

i don't think that the corsair one should be replaced, because on notebook it runs very well. I think that the problem is firmware (ver. 1.2)

I' ll use it on notebook and the other one on desktop

Please let us know if you have any issues or if there is any other way we can assist you.

• 1 month later...

Archived