Corsair Community

hydro H60

leesa99

Firstly Hello, I'm happy with the temps im getting (idle 29c-30c on a i5 2500k at stock speed. never gets over 50 on full load.)

but the fan seems to be quite noisy, is it supposed to be going 100% 1800rpm (maybe a little higher) constantly?...

or is there something i have to change in my bios to control the speed when the cpu is under less load?.

thanks in advance.

I just got done building my new system and have the same issue. Same temp as you too with my 2600K. So I'm real happy with the cooler just need to quiet it down.

I'll be listening for any advice from other members but for what it's worth I ordered an Akasa Apache black fan to replace the stock Corsair. Should have it Friday and I'll post back. I also may add a fan to the inside to assist in pulling air in and allowing the Apache fan to run at lower rpm.

Dave

but the fan seems to be quite noisy, is it supposed to be going 100% 1800rpm (maybe a little higher) constantly?...

or is there something i have to change in my bios to control the speed when the cpu is under less load?

The H60 fan will run at full speed at all times. Using a fan controller would allow you to turn it down when not under full load. Most motherboards these days have a smart fan architecture in the BIOS that would change fan RPM based on CPU temp. On my ASUS MB I think they call it "Q-Fan".

The H60 fan will run at full speed at all times. Using a fan controller would allow you to turn it down when not under full load. Most motherboards these days have a smart fan architecture in the BIOS that would change fan RPM based on CPU temp. On my ASUS MB I think they call it "Q-Fan".

in my bio's it seems to just let me tell it what %fan speed to do and at what target temp, but they seem to have zero effect on the fans speed.

so its supposed to be on full all the while?.. why is it this noisy?.

I guess the only other option is to use a different fan, any recommended suggestions for quietness..?

the noise really is far to loud imo

okay i solved this problem, im not exactly sure how, messed around for ages in the bios, and managed to get it to set the fan to 50% and smart temp (cant remeber what exactly its called) to keep the system at 50c max, and soon as it gets in the 44c+ it starts speeding up the fan just a tiny bit, full load and the fan was going 65% and didnt go over 50c.. and most importantly now really quiet, thanks for the help kinda guys lol... good product :) just needs some messing about in bios on msi boards.

I would try and adjust the % to 60-80% and see if that a bit better. But you can search for a fan that is about 70CFM at 2000RPM and less than 22DB that what our fans are rated at.

could you post or pm me a link to said fan?..

• Corsair Employees

leesa99

No I am sorry, I gave you the spec of our fan you said you wanted to look for other fans so I gave a minimum spec to look for. However if you replace a fan with the same spec as our bundled fan the cooling will not change. So you want to find a fan with 80+ CFM and less that 20 db of noise or what is the point in changing.

Archived