Corsair Community

Force 3 Replacement Issues

raep

I got my Force 3 replacement yesterday (its the 1123 models) and Ive had nothing but problems my computer will not boot sometimes it says Disk read error at the start other times it just gets to the Windows boot logo and keeps restarting after that and other times it just freezes the only way Ive gotten it to work is by using the SATA 2 Ports instead of the SATA 3 btw Windows wont install either while on SATA 3 it just freezes during completing installation. I know its not the ports cause they work with my other SATA 3 Hard Drives. Just seeking some help here to see if theres anything I can do before I RMA.

I already tried with all four SATA cables that came with my motherboard (theyre marked 6Gbps/3Gbps) they all work with other drives and they worked with the first Force 3 I had that was of the bad batch.

I am having the same problems with the new batch 1123, dropping out of raid, freezing, etc.

klepper, I have started your own thread just for you. Please stop posting the same comment in multipe threads. It clogs the thread and makes it more difficult to assist the OP.

I already tried with all four SATA cables that came with my motherboard (theyre marked 6Gbps/3Gbps) they all work with other drives and they worked with the first Force 3 I had that was of the bad batch.

Please try bumping up your PCH voltage to 1.15v. I do not know if Gigabyte uses a different term for "PCH" but it stands for Platform Controller Hub on my ASUS system.

Please try bumping up your PCH voltage to 1.15v. I do not know if Gigabyte uses a different term for "PCH" but it stands for Platform Controller Hub on my ASUS system.

I tried that and I was able to install Windows and it worked once but then after restarting I always get

"Loading Operating System ...

A disk read error ocurred

Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"

:(:

That worked but after 3 restarts its just went back to Disk read error.

After clearing the CMOS, did you set the PCH voltage back to 1.15v? If not, please clear the CMOS again, reboot, enter the BIOS, set the PCH voltage to 1.15v, then reboot to the OS.

I think I did but I'm not 100% sure I'll have to check back tomorrow tough, after clearing the CMOS should I "load default optimized configuration"? my motherboard manual says I should do so every time after clearing CMOS but I'm not sure if that defeats the purpose of doing so in this situation. Oh and btw is it ok if I set PCH to 1.14 or 1.16 theres no option in the BIOS for 1.15

Tried that didn't work same problem. This are the changes I made Cleared CMOS turned on AHCI, bumped PCH up to 1.16 turned on advanced memory profiler so my memory run at 7 cas latency and set my OC to 4.1GHz wich is what I always go with after that not working cleared CMOS again and made the same changes except I left the CPU at stock and didn't turn on advanced memory profiler but still the same problems.

Just curious, what Marvell controller is on your board? Also, I assume you are trying the drive on the Intel SATA3/6Gb headers? Have you also tried it on the Marvell controller? FYI, for now you should set the PCH voltage back to stock since it did not remedy the issue. No need to run the extra voltage if its not helping.

The Marvel controller in my board is "88SE9128" but they are for eSATA so that wont help for SATA3/6Gb I only have the ones running from the Intel P67 chipset. I havent used the desktop all weekend cause we just keep getting lighting storms one after the other here so I have been sticking to my laptop so ill set the PCH back to normal once I get around to using it. :)

Archived