Corsair Community

600T White SE Horrible Temps

eternal7trance

I just upgraded to a 600t White and I love how it looks. However, coming from a Raven RV02 the cooling in this case is really bad. My graphics card topped out at 84*c today compared to 73*c with the old case. My CPU topped out at 83*c compared to 75*c in my old case. The tests I use were, Furmark, playing GTAIV, Heaven Benchmark, playing Metro 2033 and Linpack to test the CPU.

I have the wiring cleaned up and hidden behind the motherboard area, the front two HDD bays are removed and I made it so now there's only one HDD bay in the center mount of the case. There are no drives in the 5.25 area, I have 4 spare corsair fans in the vented side panel. My CPU is cooled by two of the Akasa Vipers (yellow fans) in a push pull on a Corsair H70. The GPU has a custom fan profile that even on max settings it's still 84*c.

I really want to keep this case because I like most corsair products I have bought. But these temps are really making me want to go back to my old case.

I also tried using AP181 fans in place of the corsair ones, but that didn't help much either. I love everything else about this case and I'm not ready for watercooling yet.

Wow, those temps are high, even in your old case. I am running a 2600k oc'd to 4.0 and a GTX 580 tri-fan and my temps are 32c CPU and 38 GPU idle and under a load 45c and 60c. I retained my side window and run my fans in silent mode. My cpu cooler is a H50 with push/pull fans. I am pleased with the cooling in my case.

Wow, those temps are high, even in your old case. I am running a 2600k oc'd to 4.0 and a GTX 580 tri-fan and my temps are 32c CPU and 38 GPU idle and under a load 45c and 60c. I retained my side window and run my fans in silent mode. My cpu cooler is a H50 with push/pull fans. I am pleased with the cooling in my case.

Similar story here. At the worst, my video card (the infamous 3-slot Asus GTX570) gets its fan going if my room is hot and a game gets intense -

Have my i5 2500k oc'd pretty well - H60 water cooler on the cpu, radiator fan rarely gets loud -

i keep the 600T 200mm fans on lowest setting all the time.

quiet and cool and performs like a beast.

eternal7trance, how hot is your room? is this a seasonal thing perhaps?

what is the hottest item in your pc?

what type of circulation config do you have all your fans setup for? what is pushing and what is pulling? (i turned my top rear 75mm fan around so it cools the H60 radiator) - but I have not changed any fans out at all, just stock 600T, and the clear no-fan door window.

My room temp is 24*c. The hottest item in my PC is my gtx580 which actually while I was playing just now, topped out at 88*c... My config is, I have the front and top fan stock, the h70 is push/pull with in an exhaust setup and the 4 side fans are all intake.

88*c vs 73*c in my old case is a HUGE difference. I have no idea what I could be doing wrong here.

I should note that swapping the door really didn't make that much of a difference either. How are you guys getting such low temps on your GPUs in this case?

If I use a game that has 99% usage, my temps go way up. In the old case they never did that.

My room temp is 24*c. The hottest item in my PC is my gtx580 which actually while I was playing just now, topped out at 88*c... My config is, I have the front and top fan stock, the h70 is push/pull with in an exhaust setup and the 4 side fans are all intake.

88*c vs 73*c in my old case is a HUGE difference. I have no idea what I could be doing wrong here.

I should note that swapping the door really didn't make that much of a difference either. How are you guys getting such low temps on your GPUs in this case?

If I use a game that has 99% usage, my temps go way up. In the old case they never did that.

that is really odd. i would think your GPU fans would crank up when it got over 50 (and definitely over 75! ) and bring the GPU temps down - a GPU getting up to 88 doesn't seem like a case issue to me

anyone else have thoughts on this?

As stated before, the gpu fan is set to max which shows 100%. I know it's not just the GPU otherwise my other case would have been this bad as well. I can't imagine that there is a 15*c degree difference between a Raven RV02 and a 600t White SE.

I think your sort of misunderstanding what people are trying to get across to you. Those temperatures are insane even in your old case. And it's pretty well documented that those raven cases are the best air cooling cases (temp wise) on the market. And that while 75 degrees to 83 is quite a jump, 75 on the cpu while gaming is still extremely hot for sandy bride. Something is wrong and was wrong before you switched cases most likely.

I think your sort of misunderstanding what people are trying to get across to you. Those temperatures are insane even in your old case. And it's pretty well documented that those raven cases are the best air cooling cases (temp wise) on the market. And that while 75 degrees to 83 is quite a jump, 75 on the cpu while gaming is still extremely hot for sandy bride. Something is wrong and was wrong before you switched cases most likely.

I think people think that "while gaming" they don't consider that their GPU isn't crammed against the 99% usage. I play Witcher 2 and Metro 2033 on max and it stays at 99% almost the whole time. I could claim I get 50s while gaming, which I do, but that's while playing Black Ops. My room is pretty warm so that probably doesn't help.

I guess what I can try and do is redo the paste on this card and see how it does.

I play witcher 2 as well and I've never seen cpu temps that high in my 650d. But i've also never played it for more than a few hours a sitting. And also I was only mentioning the cpu temps, I have for sure seen my gpu (reference 6970) near 80c under a full load.

And here in good ole texas the summer has given my rig at least 10c increase in temps over what it was in january when i built it.

also from what im reading on various forums 80c on a 580 under load doesn't seem to be that uncommon.

• Corsair Employees
If you are not using Air conditioning that may account for most of the issue but as I remember all of the benchmarking was done at room temps of 70 Deg F and that was what was suggested when running any of these high end GPU's but I would check with the card manufacturer to be sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys but I had to return the case. It just wasn't worth it to me to have to use $70 in new fans to get a $180 case to cool correctly. I really like the case design but maybe next time Corsair could include some fans that actually cool.

I know that people are happy with their temps even though they are pretty hot, but I like being able to overclock on air and my other case allows me to do that. Thanks for the help anyways.

The case cools correctly.

I have an oc'd i5 and a massive 3-slot Asus ENGTX570 -

My temps are cool, even with the 200mm fans on their lowest setting.

If you run heaven benchmark on max settings to simulate a game using 99% how hot does it get? You could even use Witcher 2 on max settings. I played that for a while and they just kept going up after a good 30 minutes.

Also, what are the ambient temps?

People keep quoting me temps from furmark but that doesn't stress the temperature very well.

Archived